You can type here any text you want

Motor Oil Selection

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

gbodyera

Mirror & Glass!
Whats the best motor oil to use with oil changes after flat-tappet break in?
I want to go with an all-in one oil instead of using an additive.

Thanks

brad penn oil is great. however a bottle of zddp is easy to put in so not sure why you don't want to? either way your going to have to order something either it be brad penn or zddp

i ran a complete bottle of comp cams break in oil during break-in. Can I just continue to run that forever?

i ran a complete bottle of comp cams break in oil during break-in. Can I just continue to run that forever?

i have been running comps break in oil ever since i got my new motor. i have done about 7 oil changes since then. i have run out of comps additive so i will start using zddp. i used comps break in additive since thats what my builder told me to run. i bought several bottles when i picked up my motor. i am now out and he said zddp will be fine.

I think in the long term just plain ole Valvoline and zddpluds will be easier on the wallet and work just fine. JMO

I think in the long term just plain ole Valvoline and zddpluds will be easier on the wallet and work just fine. JMO

I agree. Even easier since the CarQuest in my town now carries ZDDP on the shelf, because enough of us have requested it. Plus they sell it for 7.39 a bottle so can't beat the price either.

Back