You can type here any text you want

Moving The Air Temp Sensor.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

JOHNZAZA

I WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE HAS ANY INPUT ON MOVING THE AIR TEMP SENSOR

1) LEAVE IT IN THE STOCK LOCATION

2) MOVE IT IN FRONT OF THE THROTTLE BODY

3) OR IN THE DOG HOUSE.

If moved does it give you the ablilty to tune the car better.

Im runnin a 6.32 dfi system

Thanks all!

ask Temou he had dfi, and played with it both ways, but dont put it in the dog house it will heat soak

I would move it. Even though, I'm don't think moving it is nearly as critical on the Gen6 DFI compared to the FAST system.

HEY NORBY HOW YOU DOIN.
I WANT TO COME DOWN WITH CHRIS TO SHOOT THE ****.
MAYBE THIS WEEKEND IF YOU ARE AROUND.

HEY CARL THANKS FOR RESPONDING, JUST WONDERING IF IT
MADE SENSE.

I GUESS THE FAST SYSTEM YOU GUY'S ARE RUNNIN NEEDS IT THERE FOR EXACT READINGS.

Originally posted by norbs
ask Temou he had dfi, and played with it both ways, but dont put it in the dog house it will heat soak

Not really, the air in the plenum does get hot, and it does read warm.

You want to give the ecm the best data possible, and the means sampling the air as it goes past the intake valve, which is as close as you can get to the combustion chamber, currently.

And if it was just truely a matter of heat soak, then firing the engine up would drop the temp immediately, the sensors do respond rather quickly to temp changes.

I've played with it both ways, and I'll stick to having mine in the plenum. I've also mounted it in a nylon adapter to make sure it wasn't falsely reading manifold temp., and it wasn't.

Well if you tested it , and there's no difference, the intake seems perfect then. Orginally i was told not to place it there. Keep up the good work! Just get working on my ecm now! All i am asking for is self learn fuel map with wbo2,.

I agree with Bruce on this. I usually mount the sensor in the lower intake under the coil pack. Although, I wouldn't bother moving the sensor from the up pipe if you already have it there.

Originally posted by bruce
Not really, the air in the plenum does get hot, and it does read warm.

You want to give the ecm the best data possible, and the means sampling the air as it goes past the intake valve, which is as close as you can get to the combustion chamber, currently.

And if it was just truely a matter of heat soak, then firing the engine up would drop the temp immediately, the sensors do respond rather quickly to temp changes.

I've played with it both ways, and I'll stick to having mine in the plenum. I've also mounted it in a nylon adapter to make sure it wasn't falsely reading manifold temp., and it wasn't.
That is correct you want te ECU to do its calculations based on what it sees in the intake.

Back