Mph on scanmaster jumping around

My mph on my scanmaster started jumping around this weekend on its first ride after sitting for 2 months noticed torque converter was locking and unlocking in top gear is it the speed sensor in the trans or something else tia
Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

The speed sensor (VSS) is located on the back of the speedometer.If your regular speedometer is operating smooth,then it's probably the data line going to the scanmaster.

Is your speedo needle bouncing too? If so, it sounds like your cable is shot. Before I replaced mine, it would drive my cruise control berserk on the interstate.

The speedo was replaced before i bought it to the 140 mph it was 15 mph off from the day i got it. Its not bouncing but the scanmaster was correct before it sat i had checked it with my gps and it was dead on with that being said the tack is also off by 1200rpm on the cluster

Sent from my MB855 using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app

Grease the speedo cables inner cable. the needle may not bouncing alot but the cable can cause the vss to toggle 2-3 mph and if your right at the chips programmed MPH for TCC lock then it will ...for instance...45 mph lock...occilate to 44 or lower...unlock...back to 46...lock.

The problem is the scanmaster speed will jump around 20 30 mph it will read 31mph than jump to 60 than back down to 19 and so on

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

It's probably because the scanmaster reads the ECM every 1.4 seconds. With a speedo cable jumping around the reading will vary depending on whether the VSS is getting hit with a rebound or a bind from the cable.