You can type here any text you want

mph signal & xfi?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

RICHIE HIGH PSI

where does one get mph signal from ?
it use to work with my xfi to buick adaptor, now i have a complete fast harness, but i dont know where i get mph signal from.
Thanks

Hi I'm doing the same thing. This is per Cal Hartline:

You can run your VSS to the XFI. Since it is 3 wires, I will ASSume it is a hall effect sensor. If so, run the signal to pin B on the VSS connector and jumper Pin A to Pin C. If it is IPU (magnetic) run the signal to Pin C and jumper Pin B to Pin D

If you using a stock speedo setup,youll have to find the wire behind the dash.
With a car like yours,I would put a driveshaft sensor(Cal sells 2 types)
The stock VSS will work but is not real accurate.
Measuring off the actual driveshaft is the most accurate way

I bought a standard universal hall effect VSS sensor from Jegs for the 200-4R tranny. The sensor itself screws into the tailshaft of the tranny (where the manual speedo cable used to connect). This sensor supposedly converts to a digital signal right at the tranny. It has 3 wires coming from it (black negative, red positive, and white signal). I hooked all three wires to my aftermarket VDO speedo in the dash, and then tapped the white signal wire to the FAST VSS sensor harness PIN B and tied together wires A and C and didn't touch D. I'm assuming and hoping this is the correct way to get a proper MPH reading on my speedo and XFI.

you can also use TH400 VSS set up. It works real nice but its pricey.

Once again Cal came thru for me!!
Got me set up and running again.
Best cust service and tech support...even after hrs.:D
Thanks again.

Back