You can type here any text you want

MSD Distributer for V6 GN motor

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

chris kirk

I want to use a distributor in place of the stock coil pack application for my ignition. Does MSD still make a distributor and cap for the V6 GN motor. I have a FAST xfi engine management system in my car and the options are somewhat limited with the use of a coil pack. If they don't what other options would I have.

The MSD V-6 Buick distributor has been dis-continued for a while, so you could look for a used one.

As far as I remember, the XFI harness needs to be a stand-alone type which uses either the stock coil pack sub-harness, or the distributor one?

Probably best to check with Cal to help plan for this mod. :)

Another option is to go with the coil-on-plug unit which Cal also can supply.

If you want new, this is what you can do. Buy MSD pn. 8548 for a small block buick v8. You'll scrap the v8 cap and put a v6 cap on msd pn. 8014. Then the only difference is the reluctor, since your going to have to break off all but one tab, it doesn't matter what you start with.

I believe Cal has a harness to put a distributor on with a stock harness/fast/adapter setup.

You will need a dead end connector for the module wiring and cam sensor adapter, Cal has it all. I have a Crane Hi-6 ignition box and coil for use with a distributor for sale.

I have a friend with a complete distributor setup for sale if interested. I think he wants $750. It comes with already modified billet distributor, MSD7AL ignition box, HVC2 coil, dead head connector for using on stock harness, MSD 8mm plug wires & coil wire. Only thing you would need is to run a couple wires for switched power and trans brake input.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

No. I prefer the factory sensor over the the more noise sensitive MSD style

Cal has everything to make it work. Cal also has A bad ass coil on plug set up too.

Get with me if you have any questions

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app

Hey Chris, what is the "coil on plug set."Is that a better/more efficient ignition set up? What is involved with it?

It is the cnp setup I sell for xfi cars. If you have a stock computer you can use the Bailey TR6 cnp setup

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app

Back