Msd

update

A BIG thanks to Craig and Lance at fast for sending me there MSD-4 box to try it and yes it worked. I made the race. the new HO box was not anygood either. So MSD sent me there tester to test the boxes on the car but there's is nothing like caspers. there's hook's up to there box and it shows that it was working but with the casper's unit going thru the module then the dis and back to the coil it would not work.So all the MSD tester's and new boxes are going back again!! Lance is going to look at my stuff for me and MSD is looking at the lot numbers on the back off the MSD Dis4 boxes to see what may have been changed over the years. The only thing I could come up with is my first box and Lance's first box was very old and they worked.
If anyone has time and would like to help If you have a Dis4 or A Dis4HO that is working to 8000rpm's right the lot number on a post here and maybe this will help them fix this problem. It is on the back of the unit on a little sticker.
thanks richie

I DO NOT BELEIVE THAT TURBOKID IS ACTUALLY USING THE COMPUTER>>> :)

Hey Richie,

SHould you read this prior to tuesday the rolling body will be there around noon and the converter should be there by weeks end.

My DIS4 crapped the bed in the staging lanes today. All strapped in a couple cars back from staging and the car sarted to miss. I figured in was loading the plugs so I brought the rev's up some to clear it up. Kept missing for a couple of seconds and the the car shut off. Cranked but wouldn't fire. Popped the hood and installed the bypass plug (which was zip tied to the end of the cable), the car fired right up running smoothly on all 6 cylinders.

There's another DIS4 that going to be going back to MSD.

Paul

It appears most people having this problem are using a Fast system. It would nice to find out why....

Tomorrow I'm going to get on the phone with Spike and see about getting the unit directly into his hands. After talking with him, it does seem like he realizes there's a problem. Hopefully a post mortem on this one might shed some light.

This doesnt pertain to the DIS 4 , but we have put 3 Digital 6 boxes on SBC applications with no problems at all, My Digital 6 did not perform as it should on my V6, the LED didnt do what is was supposed to and MSD gave me 3 different explanations all 3 times I called, I am currently converting back to the7AL2

Chris,

Glad you did well by MSD....I had a very disappointing experience with MSD. I won't say I'll NEVER do business with them again, but, if I do business with them again, MSD will be my only choice ;)

Originally posted by EightSecV6
This doesnt pertain to the DIS 4 , but we have put 3 Digital 6 boxes on SBC applications with no problems at all, My Digital 6 did not perform as it should on my V6, the LED didnt do what is was supposed to and MSD gave me 3 different explanations all 3 times I called, I am currently converting back to the7AL2 [/QUOTe
I heard a rumor that MSD stood for ( My Spark Died ) sorry folks could'nt resist the pun!

Paul,
so yours was the DIS4 not the HO right?
what did spike tell you he has mine up there now again. Do you know the lot number on the unit?

I ask for people to help with this and give me the lot numbers on the untis that are acting up and the ones that are working. But no one wrote anything back. Spike is trying to find out by lot numbers if something has been changed in production or not, atleast that is what he is telling me at this point. I still dont know if mine is fixed right or not. but will try some more testing this weekend I hope.
richie

Richie,
Tell Spike we have given up on the digital units.....talked to 2 more guys with problems today, it's a shame as they look very promising on paper. Back to Ol' Faithful................(7AL2)
Bill

I'm not sure if it's the same with the DIS4 boxs or not but Lawrence found that when changing MSD boxs even from a 7AL2 to another 7AL2 that you need to recheck the timing. He would find as much as 4 degrees difference when changing to a back up box of the same model.

Anyway just an FYI

My DIS is just a regular box, not a HO. Spike is at a race until Tuesday. I'll have to wait until then to hear what he's got to say.

Richie,

My lot number is 87467 inspected by JC. Its an HO unit. I have not used it yet but will shortly.

thanks are u useing a fast system? let us know out it works for you. I just got another new DIS4 none H/O. to try it this weekend.
hope it works for me.

Lot number 116637 regular dis 4 used on a stage 2 twin with FAST, spins up to 8000 rpm no problems.

Dave Bamford