You can type here any text you want

msd

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Local 10 sec. GN owner has returned his MSD [not HO] twice because it did not work. Car would not run when connected. Third one is now on the car.

After a long, hot summer he was at the track the other night. When he completed a few consistant runs, I asked him to try it w/o the MSD box. Bypass was installed and the next run was .15 sec faster even with a worse 60" time. MPH was up also.:confused: [No FAST system is on this car.]

The racers in Las Vegas last weekend were also treated to a few malfunctioning MSD boxes.

Originally posted by TURBOKID

I did have a reg. DIS work fine for a long time

I'm sure spike and craig and lance will find out what the deal is.

Hope so, Richie!

Thanks for contacting Spike and getting him in touch with all of us here, as the mystery probs get sorted out.

Been using Autotronics products since the '70s
with consistently super results & service.

Thanks for keeping us posted!! :)

FWIW: I was at the track this weekend and got into a little discussion with the MSD rep (can't remember his name) and Lance Ward (FAST rep). He told me they have figured out the problem with the DIS4 and they are coming out with a new box with dials instead of dip switches. I doubt that they will warranty the old boxes, but we'll have to see when the new box comes out (early next year).

Originally posted by HighPSI
FWIW: I was at the track this weekend and got into a little discussion with the MSD rep (can't remember his name) and Lance Ward (FAST rep). He told me they have figured out the problem with the DIS4 and they are coming out with a new box with dials instead of dip switches. I doubt that they will warranty the old boxes, but we'll have to see when the new box comes out (early next year).

:rolleyes: Just thought I would resurrect this thread.

What is the latest on the MSD\FAST problem discovery?

Glad to hear MSD is going to release a NEW BOX $$$, but what about some type of modification or kit being made available to all the current box owners??...........this of course would be appropriate if the problem was determined to be with the MSD DIS-4.

If the problem is not MSD DIS-4 box, and has something to do with the Fast ECU what is being considered to resolve the problem?

Cal I am not expecting you to answer these questions, but maybe Spike or Lance can chime in here and keep everyone up to date?

Joe

Im not buying being just a Fast problem. We are seeing more and more stock ECM problems too. easy to blame some one else:rolleyes:

I am banking on it being a compatibility problem with the digital units, not just the DIS-4 but the digital 6, 7, and 10 for that matter. I know the analog box can be used on a distributorless ignition, I remember back in 92 or 93 the Smith guys (brought the big semi to the GS Nats with 2 cars) Had MSD 6AL boxes on them, probably would take some creative wiring

Where are you guy's mounting the MSD boxes at?I have mine in the car and it works great and i have had it on the car for 4 years.With no problems yet.I also have a fast system.
thanks
Dennis
88 mustang gt 10.238 at 132mph buick powered

:confused:

So whats the corrective action being taken?

Will MSD be solving the issue with current owners of their DIS-4 or is Fast making a firmware or software upgrade available to address the problem.

Just curious.

what's up Joe. I thought I read on here some where that Spike said he was going to give us the last word about this about 6 months ago. I guess they forgot about us!
Richie

Back