You can type here any text you want

MT ET Street Radials

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

mikebart101

Are these good tires for the street? How are they in the rain? Is it true that they can't be used for highway driving? Are there different tires out there that hook just as good? Im looking for a very hard hooking tire for the street that is also practical fro everday driving.

Fantastic dry traction and decent wear. I'v got 2k on mine and still have half left. If you plan on wet driving look elsewhere. I got stuck in a downpour on the freeway and the back end would hydoplane very easy at about 60mph. VERY slick on wet roads!

Never ending quest for tires...

Ahh the never ending question of what tire to tame the beast...Hearing how bad the new MT ET streets are in the rain really bums me out. rain here in south florida is not only frequent but comes down in a torrent! So a GOOD treaded and channeled drag radial is vital. Looking in a Jegs catalog I see 3 types of drag radials that look like they can handle the wet as well as a dry WOT punch from a stop. 1. Hoosier pro street radials (agressive looking directional gator back style tread) $221 and up each! 2. M&H racemaster drag radials. (also nice directional tread) 275/60/15 $169.99 3. NITTO 555R (High tech looking directional tread) 275/60/15's $139.99 theres of course the BFG drag radials that dont like the water too much either...all old school mickey thompson style tread look good for wet weather but I ca imagine theyre not too stable or stiff side walled for agressive street driving. I was quite happy with the old BGC $86 drag radials on the streets esp in wet weather til I drove to moroso with them and at over 70mph the rear end of the car would sway back and forth ... NOT FUN! For what its worth and for the money I've always liked the 275/60/15's BFG TA Radials for my TR on an 8.5 rim REALLY fills out the wheel wells, decent wet/dry manners, stable at speeds, and friken last a while even abused! not to mention most places sell them for less than $90 each for a 275!!!
17" rims and tires are a whole other ball game and price range with mannes etc. hope I helped at least a little. Good hunting!

I hear thaey are the best drag radials out there.. I like my Nittos but I think the Mickeys are my next tires..

Just spin them over and right to the staging lane. 275/60 1.40's

Back