You can type here any text you want

MT ET Streets...New size???

• Thread starter Thread starter coach
  • Start date Start date

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
C

coach

Hey Guys,
Just got my new tires for this season and noticed something after I bought mine. I was looking at the other sizes listed and came across these.
28x11.5x15's( part number 3755R ). Anyone running them??? I looked up the specs and it is 27.8 inchs tall, 12.0 section width, and 10.9 tread width. If this is correct, it is a1.5 inch wider tread than the 275-60-15 most of us run and the same height. This is more rubber to the ground. On Summit's site, it says Bias-ply construction, but that has to be a typo. They are listed with a ET Street part number 3755R. It also says 295-65-15, but then it would be 30 inchs tall and not 27.8. I was just wondering if anyone else say this. With the right backspacing, this would be worth it for 1.5 inchs more rubber on the ground.

Thanks
Coach

The 3755R is the new 295/55 15 Drag Radial according to Mickey Thompsons website...Which is the new radial that supposed to be the same size as a 28 10.5 Slick.

I cannot believe these tires will fit with out some modification to fender lip or a frame notch and nobody ever talks about the wider we go with these drag radials on the street the more of a chance of aqua planeing in a damp condition...dew ,,rain etc

The specs show it being .3 wider than a 28x10.5 slick, which is what I was running last year, with no issues. I do have rolled wheel lips though. I think it could be squeezed in.

Back