You can type here any text you want

MT ET streets

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

vacuum 6

Anyone got feedback on MT ET streets meaning how bad does the back end of the car move around at highway speeds since they are tube (not radial) tires?

It depends on how much air you have in them and how fast you are going. :) I personally would not run very fast with them. If you keep 25ish psi in them, they feel ok.

I personally would not run very fast with them. If you keep 25ish psi in them, they feel ok.

Not run very fast with them? I'm talking about using them on a street car. From my experience drag radials dont hook that well on the street unless they are heated up. Looking for a better tire.

They actually aren't too bad on the street, but I would go radial. The bias et streets didn't hook well at all on my car at the track. I think the radials are a much better choice.

IMHO, I would run drag radials on the street. Save the ET Streets for the strip. Especially if you get caught in the rain. The ET Streets are useless.

The MT ET Street bias ply tires are no comparison to the MT Drag Radials.
Trust me on that. :cool:

The bias ply tires get flat spots in them if you leave the car parked for more than a few days. They will also slowly bleed-down if you don't use tubes in them. They also handle like crap.
When I went to the drag radails, I couldn't tell the difference compared to the stock radials, except when I launched the car. They rode and handled just like a pair of stock radials, but hooked like slicks.

They do handle like total crap. They hook great at the track, but driving them at highway speed is scarrrryy. They are completely not practical for the street.

my dad has 325/50/15 mickey thompsn et streets on his car and theyre fine at highway speeds. last weeknd we drove 421 miles on them, ran on them and went 10.95 w/ a 1.51 60ft and drove home on them. i great tire for the street. but if it rains do not drive ur car. it took us 30min to get 2 miles on them in the rain becaue off the back end comin out. our best 60ft ad the track is 1.47 60ft off the footbrake. so if it doesnt rain theyre a great tire

et streets

my car does not see the rain anymore, got caught w/ my et's in the rain ONCE, my knuckles have not been that white since puberty:eek: on dry days i drive 40-50 mi destinations at freeway speed w/ no probs..look out for ruts though, car will fish tail a little. they have not been off the car for about 1 1/2 yrs

lee

I would only use the ET streets for the strip. I have had 2 sets and drove 80 miles from where I keep the car to where I work on occasion and they are fine in normal driving situations but to get them to hook they need to be hot with low pressure. They tend to be a bit "jiggly" under hard acceleration on the street under those conditions. They also suck for handling, probably due to the fact that they are not radials. As yullose also stated they leak with out tubes and they flat-spot. I will admit that after I came off the highway from that 80 mile trip they hooked like the car had tank tracks...as long as the car was straight. Basically a slick with grooves for DOT compliance. I still don't know how they passed. Those grooves don't help at all in the rain or even lightly wet roads. P.S. wanna buy a set?

Back