You can type here any text you want

Multiple problems, all related???

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Nasty

empty wallet
Well my money pit keeps growing, and I am doing my best to "hang in there".

Current issues, think they may all be related:

Emissions a little high on HC, 350-450 with TT emissions chip for 60#'s fuel pressure @ 38lbs. Cat is hollowed-trying to avoid replacement. Same readings before shelling out cat (partially clogged, turbo would not boost, idle and low throttle only unless dump pipe was open).

Idle seems to run 700-850 rpms, sometimes smooth other times surges and idles like its got a miss & vac leak. I spray several cans of cleaner around all the vac lines and gasket mating areas-could not find a leak. Runs ok going down road normal driving (have not got into it since turbo/inj/chip upgrades.

After I remove the #4 plug, I find wet oil on the THREADS. The electrode also has obvious oil, but its not "dripping wet". This time I noticed deposits on the electrode, which is dark from the oil residue but the deposits on top of the dark stuff reminded me of something gritty, almost metalic-but not quite.

Engine compression is about 150+ on all cylinders.
When idling, scan master shows something like this:
tps .42
iac 25-35
blm 125-130
int 125-130
o2 350-450 cold, all over after warm up (seems to fluctuate when idle gets wierd)
nothing seemed to jump out at me

At this point, I was planning on pulling the intake-looking for possible leak under manifold pulling in oil and air from the crank case (best I can hope for, I know). If that looks good. I guess the head will need to come off, check for crack, valve guide, etc. If I do have to go that far, check the cylinder hope nothing scored. If everything looks ok to this point, that would leave a oil ring as source of oil???

Anyone with possible things to look for, simular experience, real advice, and just a general feeling if all this is related OR if I probally have MORE than one thing going on-please feel free to chime in.

Thanks

Back