You can type here any text you want

Multiple TR's and GN's against V8 Merc Capri

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

meanchicken

gallo vicioso
The guys in So Cali had a show and cruise this past Saturday. We started in San Pedro, Cali and drove the PCH down to Dana Point. It was a great day. Perfect weather! We had a turn out of 16 cars. One of them was a pristine GNX, another was a Turbo TA we also had Turbo Elky and a Monte Carlo with a turbo 6 transplant. The rest were GNs and T-Types of various performance levels mine being the slowest as a basic bone stocker 87 GN.

The thing that made it an even better day was as we were driving down the PCH, a poor sucker in a V8 Mercury Capri (basically a Mustang with different badges) wandered in amoungst us and started trying his luck from the various red lights along the PCH between Newport and Laguna Beach. He was no slouch, but he might as well have been a sheep walking into a wolves den and bah-ing "Who wants to eat?"

He had his choice of willing 9, 10, 11 and 12 second turbo 6 cars. He picked match ups with a few of them and the feeding frenzy ensued. A couple of the races ran 3 cars across all three lanes of the PCH. Once he got tired of getting whooped by the cars with the drag radials, he picked a fight with one of the guys running some skinny "Pep Boy specials" on the back. The Capri took him off the line, but Andrew quickly pulled him back in as he gained traction.

After that, the guy politely waved and then dissappeared.

Too funny!:biggrin:

Thats awesome! Ok, so where is the youtube link for these races, someone surely got it on video?!!?!!??!

Sounds like you all had a great time
BW

Thats awesome! Ok, so where is the youtube link for these races, someone surely got it on video?!!?!!??!

Sounds like you all had a great time
BW

Unfortunately, the one guy with the video camera was at the back of the pack when all the carnage was taking place. He did catch a shot or two of the Capri trying to position himself, but missed the races.

That was a fun day.

Even though that thing looked and sounded like it was ready to do some serious damage to our group, It was the worst gang rape of a 5.0 car I've ever seen. After I got done spanking him (the first time:D ), I got next to him at the light and asked him, "we got nine second, ten second, and eleven second cars here. What's your pleasure?;) " He just got this look on his face as if he had just realized that he'd shown up at a ten second gun fight, with a twelve second knife:eek: . He replied "Ya got anything slower?" Me smileing says, "There might be ONE, if your lucky. Good luck:D ". With in a few blocks (and more beatings) he found the TB with the skinyest tires, and figured that he'd found the "slow one". WRONG! Lets just say that shortly after that critical error, he found it in his best interest to make a left turn. The only competition that we found that day was each other:cool: .

Too freakin funny. Did you tell the guy he ws running 2 too many cylinders??

Yup....slow low 14 second guy (me) was in the back of the pack watching and laughing and enjoying the smell of BBQ 5.0.

Light would go green and all I'd see was clouds of smoke and hear the sounds of rocket Turbo Buicks taking off. I had one view where his tail lights emerged from the clouds of smoke as the guys he tried to run left him sniffing rubber.:biggrin:

I couldn't have run him any way...I was having issues at WOT.

The guys in So Cali had a show and cruise this past Saturday. We started in San Pedro, Cali and drove the PCH down to Dana Point. It was a great day. Perfect weather! We had a turn out of 16 cars. One of them was a pristine GNX, another was a Turbo TA we also had Turbo Elky and a Monte Carlo with a turbo 6 transplant. The rest were GNs and T-Types of various performance levels mine being the slowest as a basic bone stocker 87 GN.

The thing that made it an even better day was as we were driving down the PCH, a poor sucker in a V8 Mercury Capri (basically a Mustang with different badges) wandered in amoungst us and started trying his luck from the various red lights along the PCH between Newport and Laguna Beach. He was no slouch, but he might as well have been a sheep walking into a wolves den and bah-ing "Who wants to eat?"

He had his choice of willing 9, 10, 11 and 12 second turbo 6 cars. He picked match ups with a few of them and the feeding frenzy ensued. A couple of the races ran 3 cars across all three lanes of the PCH. Once he got tired of getting whooped by the cars with the drag radials, he picked a fight with one of the guys running some skinny "Pep Boy specials" on the back. The Capri took him off the line, but Andrew quickly pulled him back in as he gained traction.

After that, the guy politely waved and then dissappeared.

Yeah, He got me off the line, once I hooked there was no chance for him, I pulled him in like it was nothing, oh and from a role...well I am sure you guys figured it out, It was an instant two cars and pulling.

PCH
DSCF0701.jpg

PCH
DSCF0699.jpg

Turboelky
DSCF0672.jpg

Turbomonte
DSCF0687.jpg

My car to the right of the GNX
DSCF0668.jpg

Back