You can type here any text you want

Mustang FAST Install Help please

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Mikes88Stang

Mustang FAST Install Questions

I am a little lost on my FAST install. I have NO interior in the car whatsoever. So, this was the best time to install the FAST. Anyway. I removed the stock computer, along with the stock wiring harness (affably named Medusa by my buddy). Along with the main harness came the injector and O2 harnesses. Included in these harnesses were the coil connector, TFI connection, and a few vacuum connections (passenger side firewall / strut tower). After doing some searching I can see that most of the vac controls go. Just the check valve stays. Can someone get me a pic of t heir vac lines after the install? I just want to get rid of as much extra as I can.
Now HERE is the big question. On my FAST harness, I cannot for the life of me find a clip that resembles the TFI clip. Do I have the wrong harness? Do I salvage the clip off the stock wiring (after looking at install pics, it seemed new)? I am looking in the same area as where it would be in the stock harness, and I have looked at the other clips. I just don’t see it.
Also how about the coil wire? I assume I can just use my Crane ignition w/ the FAST.
I know I have more questions for everyone, but I just can’t get them out right now. Any help (Pictures and experience) would be greatly appreciated!

UPDATE: "O.E. Ignition:
This plug is used to connect to your vehicle’s factory ignition system. It can easily be adapted to many different ignition types. The four pins on this connector are labeled A, B, C, and D. A connector is provided for you to create your own adapter for your ignition system..." -FAST Install Guide

Now where is that included connector? :D

UPDATE: Well I found everything to get the TFI going. Here is what I think I have to do...cut the stock harness' TFI clip (plug too?) and splice the 3 wires needed into the included connector. The Clip on the harness was not labled.

Now I have another question. I have a mystery clip. Can someone ID it. It is to the left of the fuse.
harness.jpg

mystery clip

That has to do with nitrous! I just installed mine and used another guys base tune. It worked great and I am now just fine tuning my procharged 347! It you need help e-mail me at dulles18@yahoo.com.

Thanks COJO. I appreciate it. If yo dont mine me asking who did you get youir FAST from? Just wondering if your harness came w/ a pre-made TFI-to-FAST harness.

I purchased it from Houston Performance. I did not get the adapter to plug into my stock one as all that is gone! I rewired the entire engine bay area in an attempt to reduce wiring. I have some pics if you need to look at my setup!

Some vendors will supply the adapter and some wont....

i know my friend got the adaptor from harry @ pte when using this connector to go to the factory hei connection

i got mine used....so i have to make it work. not too hard really....casper's electronics is about 20minutes from me and he stocks all the factory connectors so i just got some stuff from him and will convert it over

Sorry, we don't supply the TFI connector yet. :(

If you look in the help section of the Windows software you will find a diagram that shows how to connect the unlabeled 4-pin plug in your harness to the TFI connector. As you already seem to have found out, there are three connections from the 4-pin plug to the TFI connector, and the TFI connector also needs power on one of the pins, and another TFI pin connects either to the coil in factory ignition setups or to an aftermarket ignition system.

Hope this helps if you haven't already gotten it all done. :D

Thanks Craig!
Well I did figure it out. I bought the setup from Precision Turbo. They had a nice pre-made harness for me when I called. :D I am still confused on the coil plug, but I havent really researched it that well yet.

Still looking for some help and pics of the vac lines.

Other than that I have gotten all the answers I needed. Thanks evceryone for being so helpfull. I cant wait to get this car togeather.

How about keeping the stock tach. What wire do I have to splice into? Can it be done from that green clip that was hooked to the orig harness? My entire dash is out, so its no big deal, but I like squeaky clean installs.:D

Back