My 1st Car. Am I in right area?

Originally posted by PaulBZ65

Anyone can modify any engine too, no matter how much of a chore it is...just ask many import guys :eek: . Its relativley easy to build up a L69 as well but you dont see me doing it.....

Who said anything about modifying an engine?
Do you not understand what potential means on these cars:confused:

If I wanted a '87 GN, I'd go out & get a loan for it. I personally don't like being under the thumb of payments tho. As for building them up, there is really no secret's, just formula's. But who is really shocked if they get beat by a GN or GN powered car. Almost everyone know's what a "powerhouse"(as you put it) they are.
As long as there are ppl who think like you out there I am rest assured that there will be plenty of $$$ to take when I get my TR ready for action.:D
I like the Buick carb./turbo set up so much that I just sold my Rajay turbo kit & misc. 383 chevy eng. parts to go full on Buick.
That Rajay would have made gob's of power but it still would of had that "generic" Chev. feel. I've done several Chev's, they can rock but it's just been done to death! Them & the FoMo 302's:rolleyes: (& I've done a couple of those too:eek: )
They just don't appeal to me like these carb'd TR's do.

And that is what I did on my summer vacation.
Oh, I mean;
And that is why I think the carb./turbo Buick V6 ROCKS:eek:

ARJI, good luck with whichever you choose. Either way your going to have a bitchin' ride:cool:

Who said anything about modifying an engine?
Do you not understand what potential means on these cars

You are right, I have no idea of the potential of the Turbo 6 motor. Thats why Im a member here. :rolleyes:

As long as there are ppl who think like you out there I am rest assured that there will be plenty of $$$ to take when I get my TR ready for action.

As long as there are some people who think like you as well its hard to have a decent conversation on this board too...I mean jeeze c'mon. Most things I said are taken the wrong way by a *couple* of you. And oh yea, I dont street race really, if I do its never for money(who are these morons anyways?), and Im not going to do that with a stock MCSS. If you are refering to me racing a carb/turbo Regal or MC...you bet Id go if they wanted :). #1, its meant as fun not for money or blood...#2 I think chances are Id win...again, not saying much there. Im talking stock or close to stock here...all cars have potential, there are 10 second Hondas out there :eek:

It would be great if my posts werent taken the wrong way.

Seems like a decent conversation to me. :)

You've admitted you don't have much knowledge of the Carb/Turbo, and were just trying help you understand. :)

I wouldnt fret of losing a 1981 Turbo 3.8 motor
I don't think this can be taken out of context. You don't think too highly of the early Turbo V6. I (we) disagree.

I think there's a little misunderstanding about potential. When we say the Carb/Turbo "has potential", that means potential as is. No changing the internals, no radical add-ons, no big dollar modifications, etc. Were talking stock long block. Most engines only "have potential" if there is bucket of money next to them.

You say you understand this for the 86/87. Well the same things applies to the Carb/Turbo. I won't pretend it's as dramatic. But it's better than most engines, and better than most people think.

It would be great if my posts werent taken the wrong way

Just takin' 'em as you type 'em. ;)

Thanks b4black, I never had a problem with your replies, any criticzing from you seemed constructive :).

Just a couple who probably saw what kind of cars I have in my signature and pretty much made up their mind about me, for some reason...

Are there some websites out there on any 83 and earlier Turbo 6 cars that have been modified? Im curious to see, the only pages on those cars I saw are of stock ones.

You are right, I have no idea of the potential of the Turbo 6 motor. Thats why Im a member here. :rolleyes:

Now your taking me outa contect Paul, lol. I meant, the potential of the carb/turbo cars, not ALL Turbo 6 motor's. No reason to get soo touchy:D

Just a couple who probably saw what kind of cars I have in my signature and pretty much made up their mind about me, for some reason...

Who are you talking about then:confused:
Me or Freddie's Buick :confused:
Have you looked at MY signature:confused:
I should be hated here by that logic:eek:

And oh yea, I dont street race really, if I do its never for money(who are these morons anyways?), and Im not going to do that with a stock MCSS. If you are refering to me racing a carb/turbo Regal or MC...you bet Id go if they wanted :). #1, its meant as fun not for money or blood...#2 I think chances are Id win...again, not saying much there. Im talking stock or close to stock here...
It would be great if my posts werent taken the wrong way.

Now how are we supposed to take THAT outta context? Now according to you anyone who streetraces for money is a "Moron". LOL
Well, it's my OPINION that anyone who would race for free & chance hurting something for no good reason is a moron. Usually the same kinda of ppl who would wast a new set of tires on a burnout:rolleyes:
I think your taking things a little too serious. No need for name callin' 'cuz no-one here apretiates that. I think we're all a little worked up in this country right now w/no where to vent it.
I looked at your Monte page. Those are some nice ride's. I'm forwarding a link to a buddy of mine who's an SS FREAK:eek:
Now relax, chill out & check out these TR's;
http://www.geocities.com/tonyas_t_type/1983_T_Types.html?998879235020 :) :D ;)

http://www.geocities.com/tonyas_t_type/

http://www.geocities.com/tonyas_t_type/my_ride3_index.html?998699407460

http://www.geocities.com/tonyas_t_type/my_ride2_index.html.html

I'm just speaking for myself, a Buick lover. I get awful sensitive when one talks about Chevs around here. Then compares it to
our forums V-6, (With a slight hint that Chevs are better... :mad: ). Or maybe its just a misunderstanding? :confused:

Anyway I agree with Rich, it is a good conversation....welcome to the board mate. :D

Hope you get a Buick V-6 soon.... :)

For God and Country.....God bless America....(I hurt too, I was born in Brooklyn :( )

Are there some websites out there on any 83 and earlier Turbo 6 cars that have been modified? Im curious to see, the only pages on those cars I saw are of stock ones.

Fred Carrado has the only one I know of by someone who is racing.
http://www.connix.com/~fc227/BUILDUP.htm

After this weekend, maybe I'll have one too. :D Although my '83 is just starting to be tweaked.

Some of us less fortunet peole... like myself have a 2bbl 3.8litre with a wopping 100hp.. not the quickest car in the planet.. 1/4 times in 18.watever in like 68mph.. i love and give props to the Turbo 6's.. they got balls. i wish my car was a Turbo.. but im ok w/ it for now..

Just addin my .02cents...