You can type here any text you want

My '85 Monte SS

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

85_SS

G-body enthusiast
Hey guys - I haven't been around in some time, but thought I'd post some updated pics/info on my car. Not a GN, but I'm a fan of them as well as most any mid-sized GM :)

My Monte has a mild 350 and about a year ago I installed a World Class T5 5-speed from a '92 Z28. Other than that, mostly cosmetic stuff - refinished 86-88 SS wheels, dual snorkel air breather, electric fan with SPAL PWM controller, TES shorty headers, serpentine belt swap, H4 headlight upgrade, custom T/A shaker hood with functional flap. 3" front drop, 1.5" rear drop and a couple years back I had new aftermarket rear frame rails installed to replace the rotted originals. I have an 8.5" posi rear from an 87 GN on hand that I have yet to install... still deciding if I want to go with discs in the rear.

I've recently had some luck in coverage when a rep from Sherman parts saw my car on motortopia and asked if he could use my car on the cover of their 08/09 Catalog:
Sherman & Associates Inc.
Coverjpg_Thumbnail1.jpg

...and my first magazine submission was accepted in this past November's issue of Chevy High Performance "Local Heroes Edition":
http://www.motortopia.com/files/car...ior/48c5906005e74/CHP_Coverjpg_Thumbnail1.jpg
CHP85JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg

I won't take up any more space here, but here's a link with several pics for anyone interested in seeing more :) :
Motortopia: View Photos in the “Exterior/Interior” Album

Cheers,

Kevin

Thanks for the kind words :) ...and yes, I'm over at mcss.com as well :cool:

Back