My 86 Rear End Is Off By 2'' Driverside

Is it measured 2" off of the frame or the body? The body bushings could be bad, causing the body to shift on the frame.

must look like a crab goin down the street.. wonder if it was hit in the rear and not fixed right ?? :confused:

must look like a crab goin down the street.. wonder if it was hit in the rear and not fixed right ?? :confused:

I have to agree that it was probably hit also. I was hit in the rear quarter of why 85 grand prix years ago and it bent the axle housing, I replaced the rear end housing when the axle fell out in the paking lot one day :eek: . Even after I put a new rear end in, from the back you could visually see that one side was off by at least an inch or two. That hit must have tweaked all my control arms.

X4

have a pic of it.. never seen one off that much :eek:

Mine was off 3/8" from the factory. This is not uncommon. But, 2"? Yikes! I remember back in the day, seeing reagals in demolition derbys. Maybee your car has a "checkered" past history that your unaware of?

Check for broken welds where the lower control arms mount to the frame. I've seen these crack on cars that used hard mounted lower control arms. You might want to check the frame to see if it's bent. Adjustable upper control arms can also help to center things out.

Good luck.

Mike B.