You can type here any text you want

My Car Died... Again Need Help

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

83turbomon

Starvin Like Marvin...
My car for the 4th Time Died on me. Before the car Died on me becuase the battery died. I went to start the car, and the car cranked for about 1 second and died... and I had to jump it with the help of a friend. I now have a 90 dollar gold Duralast battery from Vatozone and I went to start the car again... and the car just went dark. I turned the key... and the same thing happened, It wouldnt crank, no lights, No nothing. I may need a new Alternator or some new battery leads... any Idea where I can get a GOOD new Alternator or batterl leads... Besides EVILBAY???

This Car is starting to PISS ME OFF:mad::mad:

Chill out kid. First determine that the battery is/is not the problem. When you kill the car take the negative battery cable off of it. This will tell you if there is a drain on the battery or not. Don't leave the cables attached to the battery when the car isn't running. If it starts after this then I'll tell you how to figure out if it's something in the system that's killing it or not.

have you checked your cables for corrosion?

little wire brushing and some water and baking soda go a long way....

A.j.

Its All Good

Its all good guys... youll be suprised what you can do with a 10 dollar tool kit from vatozone and a pair of new battery terminals and protectors.... It was a simple 6 dollar fix. :biggrin::biggrin:

Its all good guys... youll be suprised what you can do with a 10 dollar tool kit from vatozone and a pair of new battery terminals and protectors.... It was a simple 6 dollar fix. :biggrin::biggrin:

this is one of those things you should see as a check point for yourself.

if you have plans of making horsepower this sort of thing should have never happened.

need to get yourself on a regular maintence plan and in-grain it into your head. these are the ways of the performance mechanic. your still young....

wait.... younger (I think) than me, so there still plenty of fresh grey matter between your ears to absorb all of this info!

:biggrin:A.j.

this is one of those things you should see as a check point for yourself.

if you have plans of making horsepower this sort of thing should have never happened.

need to get yourself on a regular maintence plan and in-grain it into your head. these are the ways of the performance mechanic. your still young....

wait.... younger (I think) than me, so there still plenty of fresh grey matter between your ears to absorb all of this info!

:biggrin:A.j.

yup im 18... almost done with high school AND an college autobody course, have a nice car and happy smile:)

yup im 18... almost done with high school AND an college autobody course, have a nice car and happy smile:)

good deal, thats what counts.... good ol edumacation.

good to see you got it going! no ride can be hard on a person.

A.j.

Glad to hear you got it fixed Kid. Sorry but it's been a long day and I haven't been home much. I just drove 95 miles so I could ship an intake and carb for another member in Canada. I may have the turbo done before Christmas now though. We'll see what happens.

Glad to hear you got it fixed Kid. Sorry but it's been a long day and I haven't been home much. I just drove 95 miles so I could ship an intake and carb for another member in Canada. I may have the turbo done before Christmas now though. We'll see what happens.

Sheesh Charlie.... thats a hell of a trip to the post office.

:eek:A.j.

Sheesh Charlie.... thats a hell of a trip to the post office.

:eek:A.j.

No kidding Aj. Norbs wanted it shipped UPS and the local one doesn't do international so I had to go to Waco. I figured about 70 miles roundtrip but it was closer to 85. The extra was to hook up with the Bergers. Nice guys and I'd love to spend more time in the shop down there for sure.:biggrin:

No kidding Aj. Norbs wanted it shipped UPS and the local one doesn't do international so I had to go to Waco. I figured about 70 miles roundtrip but it was closer to 85. The extra was to hook up with the Bergers. Nice guys and I'd love to spend more time in the shop down there for sure.:biggrin:

anything burning in waco?

LOL sorry... couldnt resist.

well im sure norbs is going to appreciate the hell out of that.

A.j.

One of these days I'll tell you a story that will curl your hair Aj. Not on the web though.

Dude.... where DO you Live??? Sound like in the middle of nowhere where noone can hear you scream:biggrin:

Dude.... where DO you Live??? Sound like in the middle of nowhere where no one can hear you scream:biggrin:

I do live in the middle of nowhere.:biggrin: I prefer it that way so I can shoot at any time I want to.:eek: The town I live outside of is small and they only get smaller till you get to the civilized locations. Waco is abot 40 miles south of me and DFW is a little further. The nice thing is that I live near enough to the interstate I can use it if I need to.:biggrin:

I do live in the middle of nowhere.:biggrin: I prefer it that way so I can shoot at any time I want to.:eek: The town I live outside of is small and they only get smaller till you get to the civilized locations. Waco is abot 40 miles south of me and DFW is a little further. The nice thing is that I live near enough to the interstate I can use it if I need to.:biggrin:

Where u live ur alowed to carry a pistol just for snakes;);):wink:

Where u live ur alowed to carry a pistol just for snakes;);):wink:

Both the two legged ones and the ones that crawl on their bellys Jim.:biggrin: The ferrel hogs and dogs are the biggest problem right now though. We've got a few of the hogs somewhere in the goat pasture right now and I still haven't found them. My CAR15 is carried when I walk around just in case.:biggrin: Ever see what a ferrel hog can do if it gets pissed off.:eek: It aint pretty to say the least.

Dang

Both the two legged ones and the ones that crawl on their bellys Jim.:biggrin: The ferrel hogs and dogs are the biggest problem right now though. We've got a few of the hogs somewhere in the goat pasture right now and I still haven't found them. My CAR15 is carried when I walk around just in case.:biggrin: Ever see what a ferrel hog can do if it gets pissed off.:eek: It aint pretty to say the least.

What kind of snake has legs? and how do you have a car15? thats a hell of a gun... like an M4 that sounds like something out of a western movie:biggrin:. That is some serious protection for some pigs and dogs, now here in the city... we have some more serious game. And you have Goats too? do you gather your own weigh/goat milk? Ive been to the Amish Land in Minnesota, and the Swamps of Louisiana with my family... but where your at sounds REALLY rurral. You need to come to the city and put some carbon dioxide in your lungs:biggrin:
There ,must NOT be a gun limit in Texas.:biggrin:

What kind of snake has legs? and how do you have a car15? thats a hell of a gun... like an M4 that sounds like something out of a western movie:biggrin:. That is some serious protection for some pigs and dogs, now here in the city... we have some more serious game. And you have Goats too? do you gather your own weigh/goat milk? Ive been to the Amish Land in Minnesota, and the Swamps of Louisiana with my family... but where your at sounds REALLY rurral. You need to come to the city and put some carbon dioxide in your lungs:biggrin:
There ,must NOT be a gun limit in Texas.:biggrin:

I had my own machine shop/gunsmith business in TN until my partner decided to make class 3 weapons without government approval. I'm still paying off the loans from that little venture and Mike is spending his retirement years in lock up.:eek: I got the CAR15 as a trade and have kept it for my own personal use.:biggrin: I've got lots of "toys" that I never use now but their here waiting for the time needed. I hope I never need them though.:)

If you've ever run across a ferrel hog you'd sh!t in your pants for sure. Javalina are bad enough but imagine a hog that weighs 4 to 5 times that.

I grew up in DFW so I know about the city kid. I can tell you stories that would make you puke. One of my high school buds beat a bum to death because he wanted some pizza out of the dumpster behind the Dominoes that Ivan was working at. No kidding.:eek:

As far as milk the goats aren't for that. They're raised for meat and we don't want the milk unless we can find someone that can make cheese out of it.:biggrin:

And if you don't know what a 2 legged snake is you'll learn soon enough. Just hope it doesn't bite you too hard.

I had my own machine shop/gunsmith business in TN until my partner decided to make class 3 weapons without government approval. I'm still paying off the loans from that little venture and Mike is spending his retirement years in lock up.:eek: I got the CAR15 as a trade and have kept it for my own personal use.:biggrin: I've got lots of "toys" that I never use now but their here waiting for the time needed. I hope I never need them though.:)

If you've ever run across a ferrel hog you'd sh!t in your pants for sure. Javalina are bad enough but imagine a hog that weighs 4 to 5 times that.

I grew up in DFW so I know about the city kid. I can tell you stories that would make you puke. One of my high school buds beat a bum to death because he wanted some pizza out of the dumpster behind the Dominoes that Ivan was working at. No kidding.:eek:

As far as milk the goats aren't for that. They're raised for meat and we don't want the milk unless we can find someone that can make cheese out of it.:biggrin:

And if you don't know what a 2 legged snake is you'll learn soon enough. Just hope it doesn't bite you too hard.

Gulp.... can u post a pic?

Back