My car in Red Rock Canyon (near Las Vegas)

granatl

TRCM Author
I finally took the time to snap some pix of my car. Enjoy!
For those that don't know Las Vegas very well, this is in Red Rock National Park, roughly 15-20 miles west of the Strip.
:D

Attachments

• p1010013.jpg
    p1010013.jpg
    185.8 KB · Views: 280
  • p1010015.jpg
    p1010015.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 243
  • p1010019.jpg
    p1010019.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 227
  • p1010023.jpg
    p1010023.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 214
  • p1010034.jpg
    p1010034.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 219
And a couple more...
(Can anyone guess who's intercooler I just had installed...?) :smile:

Attachments

• p1010035.jpg
    p1010035.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 213
  • p1010038.jpg
    p1010038.jpg
    152.2 KB · Views: 212
  • p1010039.jpg
    p1010039.jpg
    166.2 KB · Views: 197
looks great! jack you have the nicest paint of any gn in vegas. im glad the car is running well and i hope it lasts a very long time. you of anyone really deserve it. :)

nice

I likey that location & that mean looking ride :biggrin:

man that car has come a long ways. It looks sweet.

beautiful background.

Great pics!!!

The background with the mountains is awesome and the car looks VERY clean :cool: Good job, thanks for sharing :)

That scenery makes me want to puke. The closest thing we have in Baytown (near Houston) is a freeway overpass. I would love to be near that kind of landscape. Your GN looks awesome, especially with the Telstars. I also like your license plate. Appreciate your posting the pictures. They are really good.

Wow!

Your car is the best argument I have ever seen for BLACK. :rolleyes: I might have to give up my personal prejudices!

Incredible car and setting! Thanks. dwall

dwall said:
Your car is the best argument I have ever seen for BLACK. :rolleyes: I might have to give up my personal prejudices!

Incredible car and setting! Thanks. dwall

Playing devil's advocate... I'd trade you any day when it came to washing/waxing. I'm still taking traces of wax off the seams (from 2 months ago).

S-C-A-R-Y!!!! As I drive around Vegas, women and children are blacking out from lack of oxygen.
Speaking of that turbo, do you know if it has John Craig's 360 thrust bearing? The turbo sneeze is really bad, and I'd rather not go to a blow-off valve.

I should be done with my break-in after another 500 miles, and then I can take it to the track and get some real #'s. Where the car was always torque-strong, now it's got tons of horsepower too.

I can call Chopper and ask. I was rebuilt fairly recently, so I would expect it to have the latest and greatest. Please let me know when you go to the track, I would love to come and help out if you need it. Unfortunately, my car will be out of commission for a while.

Scott Atk said:
I can call Chopper and ask. I was rebuilt fairly recently, so I would expect it to have the latest and greatest. Please let me know when you go to the track, I would love to come and help out if you need it. Unfortunately, my car will be out of commission for a while.

Seeing that this setup should cross the 12-second barrier, it's going to have to be Midnight Mayhem. There's a slim chance that it'll be this Friday (since I have an oil leak to fix), but there's a decent chance it'll be the following Friday. I also need to take my EE chip and xfer it over to the thumbwheel, and add in race timing. I think I can be ready for the 21st (if they're having it). Bring all the C-16 that you can carry! ;)
Oh yeah, I probably ought to fix my overboost problem too, cause I have a hunch that uncapped, it'll peg the gauge at 30. That might take me a while to fix...
I'll let you know.