You can type here any text you want

My car seems to fall flat in first gear

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

jasons kwik 6

My car is stock pretty much with a Thrasher 92 chip and K+N. I was running 93 in it. Boost varies from15-16 on my VDO guage. I was praticing launching last night. As it climbed in first,as soon as I let off the brake, the boost went to 18 PSI and it was like it fell flat until it changed to second gear.

My scanmaster showed at the most 2.1 as soon as left, but never got over 0.? the rest of the time. O@'s was around 800.

Any ideals? Thanks

Could be rich in fuel..and you could also have "I got use to 16lbs" syndrom..where you now need 20 to make you happy..then comes 25..pretty soon you'll be looking to get a huge turbo..never ends..insanity actually :D

At least you have a scanmaster to keep an eye on things..I usually shoot for 800-820 o2's in first gear.Also make sure your MAF is pegged at least 250..you can do this by setting it to MAF then leaving..watch the numbers..should hit 250 pretty quick..actually 255 is ideal..but anything around that number is ok.

A gtech meter also comes in handy doing this type of playing.. I hate seat of the pants cuase it always feels slow to me..well until I hit 120

reminds me of my bad valve springs. Have they been changed? Mine was so bad it wouldnt shift into second unless I let off. HTH

you say the boost would go up to 18 psi then fall on its face-

does the boost stay up when the car falls on its face?

do you notice any black smoke rolling out the exhaust pipes?

when was the last time you changed the fuel filter?

Kinda new with the scanmaster. Where is the MAF reading at/or listed on the scanmaster? Car is set at 45 PSI FP.

The boost will go up to 17 or 18 upon start, then fall to 12 or 13 PSI for 2 seconds then go to 16 where it is set. No smoke of any kind and fuel filter has been changed. Hope this helps.

Oh yeah, sorry for taking so long to get back. I moved and just now got my internet going.:D

AF = MAF should be around 6 at idle.. 255 WOT

Get a manual on that..do some searching.. plenty info on this board.

LV8 = load
TPS = Throttle Position Sensor
MAT = Manifold Air Temp
MPH= speed
etc...

Your main display shows o2's and knock.. keep your knock down to a couple degrees..

You can recall your knock by pressing the button on the front display.

I checked the AF and it was 6 at idle and went to 245-250 at WOT.

I cant understand why it jumps up on boost, then falls off. It only does it in first gear though:confused:

Maf should go to 255..or at least 250. Check for airfilter problem,hole in MAF pipe to turbo, MAF sensor, etc.

Boost usually will spike a bit.It wont be Rock steady..Maybe you have a restrictive exhuast, plugged cat, could even be a bad turbo. Bad WG diaphram can also cuase poor boost regulation. Like bad WG to comp hoses,cracked Y adapter, bad VC bleeder valve.

Dont have enough info/data to tell ya what to look for.

Back