My cylinder head dude is a bad mofo

Without o-rings?

Theyre o-ring'd.. they just arent in that picture. We did some other stuff to keep the heads down as well. Im not real worried about blowing a headgasket.

How much does a port job like this run? are these the SE heads by TA? whats the reason for porting the roof- more lift?

They are the SE heads.

I dont really know how much the port work cost. We got the heads bare and my head dude built them up.

bison, there ia a self sealing copper gasket that does not require orings. It has been around for quite a while now.

Jay, it will be nice to see Nelson at more of the races now.

See ya, Kip
Yea.. Im excited to be getting back out there with him. He's been on the sidelines too long.. he has a low 9 Stage 2 street car he's had for a couple of years but he rarely takes it to the track.

Theyre o-ring'd.. they just arent in that picture. We did some other stuff to keep the heads down as well. Im not real worried about blowing a headgasket.
That explains it just fine.

bison, there ia a self sealing copper gasket that does not require orings. It has been around for quite a while now.

Jay, it will be nice to see Nelson at more of the races now.

See ya, Kip

I doubt that gasket would work well on a high compression/high boost application like a TSM build without o-ringing. It wouldnt blow out but would leak compression like a mofo. Ive ran coppers with o-rings and receiver grooves with great success myself.

Kip done a set of heads like this for an engine I built 2 years ago. The heads flow like a fire hose. Looks like yours do too. They will work out nice for you. The intake end sealing is a PIA.

And he has them now to see how much more he can get out of them.
Looks like Jay has his hands on a serious TSM engine. We also run a 240'ish cam at close to .700 lift but with the heads like those it seemed smaller. Just be careful that you don't dry up that 70 turbo too early:wink: We did but, this go around we're doing a custom grind in the same duration range to prevent that.

Those heads are wild. I'm really liking the pics of the intake manifold. Aside from the peak of epoxy where the EGR tower used to be is there any other built up spots on the manifold? I'm going to be doing mine before my stroker goes back together and I'm looking for any tips I can find.

Those heads are wild. I'm really liking the pics of the intake manifold. Aside from the peak of epoxy where the EGR tower used to be is there any other built up spots on the manifold? I'm going to be doing mine before my stroker goes back together and I'm looking for any tips I can find.

No.. thats against the rules for the class.

There is some port stuff done you really cant see in the picture but no welding/epoxy or anything like that in the runners.

And he has them now to see how much more he can get out of them.
Looks like Jay has his hands on a serious TSM engine. We also run a 240'ish cam at close to .700 lift but with the heads like those it seemed smaller. Just be careful that you don't dry up that 70 turbo too early:wink: We did but, this go around we're doing a custom grind in the same duration range to prevent that.

Thats not gonna be a problem I dont think. We did some really interesting stuff with this engine and the cam is unlike anything Ive ever seen or heard of anyone using in a Buick.. in fact, my head guy had to go to several cam companies before he could find someone that could grind exactly what he wanted.

My head dude does a lot of head work/engine combo work for a couple of NHRA Sport Compact Pro Stock teams so a lot of the stuff he's doing over there found it's way into this engine.

It'll be fun just to get out there.. we were SUPPOSED to be in the class this last year but things have been slow on the engine side of things. The car has been waiting for an engine now for 10-12 months.

Yeah, I should have known that. Thanks

Any chance of getting 'a shot of some of the other intake work? PM or Email is fine if you don't want to post it. I am staying with the ported stock heads for now so it will be port matched to those, nothing wild on the port exits.