My cylinder head dude is a bad mofo

Jay

Are you planning on eyebrowing the top of the cylinder bore to help keep the shrouding of the valve from the cylinder bore.

Also thanks for the info on the intake ports.

Jay

Are you planning on eyebrowing the top of the cylinder bore to help keep the shrouding of the valve from the cylinder bore.

Also thanks for the info on the intake ports.

Yea.. Weber Racing is actually building the motor. Brian @ Weber told me a few days ago that this is the trickest Buick motor they have ever done.. its got some really "off the beaten path" specs.. My head dude came up with the cam grind and its a pretty radical departure from anything Ive ever used in a V6 but he works with turbo stuff every day so I thought we'd try out some of his ideas in this motor.

Thanx Shane, is it your car ? Is it gonna be ready 4 the GS Nationals ??

Technically yes, but a great guy from FL is going to wrench and drive it. Jay is going to tune and help with the wrenching too. Should be interesting if nothing else!

Should be ready... It was supposed to be ready last year to but we are close enough now so....

Thanx Shane, is it your car ? Is it gonna be ready 4 the GS Nationals ??

Its kind of a convoluted story but essentially, yea, it's his car. It started off that we were doing the motor up and putting it in someone else's car and the motor has taken so long to get done (Over a year) that the guy who owned the car wanted to sell it so Shane bought it.

The car is in Florida and is being built and will be driven by Nelson Hernandez. I'll be handling the tuning chores and part time wrenching. Most people probably dont remember Nelson but we had some decent running stuff back in the 90s.

"Thing" = Monster !

Thanx guys...I think that "thing" has a chance @ the TSM record. Keep us posted of the build up & good luck ! :cool:

That looks really nice.

One question though...

Do you really want the deck to be that smooth? From what I have read you want a slightly rough deck surface to help keep the gaskets in place.

That looks really nice.

One question though...

Do you really want the deck to be that smooth? From what I have read you want a slightly rough deck surface to help keep the gaskets in place.
Chances are they are using a multi-layer steel shim like a Cometic which requires a very flat and smooth surface. If the head surface or deck surface is not smooth the gaskets will leak. Im sure that the heads and deck are finished to the proper finish. There wont be anything overlooked on this engine. The clamp load of the fasteners holds the gaskets sandwiched in between the heads and deck. Not the surface finish of the mating surfaces.

Chances are they are using a multi-layer steel shim like a Cometic which requires a very flat and smooth surface. If the head surface or deck surface is not smooth the gaskets will leak. Im sure that the heads and deck are finished to the proper finish. There wont be anything overlooked on this engine. The clamp load of the fasteners holds the gaskets sandwiched in between the heads and deck. Not the surface finish of the mating surfaces.

We're not using a Cometic.. I believe we ended up deciding to use copper gaskets.

How much does a port job like this run? are these the SE heads by TA? whats the reason for porting the roof- more lift?

bison, there ia a self sealing copper gasket that does not require orings. It has been around for quite a while now.

Jay, it will be nice to see Nelson at more of the races now.

See ya, Kip

bison, there ia a self sealing copper gasket that does not require orings. It has been around for quite a while now.

Jay, it will be nice to see Nelson at more of the races now.

See ya, Kip

I hope these aren't the SCE ICS titans. They are too soft and will deform. They may work on the 8 bolt heads but will not work on the 14 bolt heads. We tried one set but the gasket deformed and pushed combustion into the bolt hole that we weren't using.