You can type here any text you want

My fancy shmancy trunk won't close...

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Captain Mark

I thought the TTA trunk (hatchback) was cool until yesterday. It will not automatically close. Has this happened to anyone else? Any ideas, other than the little motor is out.:( Wonder what that will cost.

before you deem it dead, take a pen or other pointy object and move it around inside the hole try and find the little activator button, sometimes it gets stuck. That may solve all your problems.

If not, the motor was the same on all thirdgen f-bodies and good used ones can be had for $50 or less. its 3 bolts to change really not that hard....

Lon Salgren Top Down Solutions sells reman ones..also sells the parts to repair ours..

I dont have his number handy..maybe someone else can chime in..

Most hatch motors in the boneyards are FUBAR..so careful with getting a used one...even tho they were generic on TA's and Iroc's.

I picked one up on ebay not too long ago..

Add this to the list of spares needed with one of these cars,

MAF, coil pack ign module, ECM, Trunk hatch motor ;)

Lon Salgrens website:
http://www.top-downsolutions.com/default.php

My wife tried to close our hatch.... i think she had the hatch down and then directly opened it.... kinda fooled the engine to close it and then there was no way to close it........ had a small screwdriver down there and then suddenly it came to life!:D

Good luck!

Originally posted by Razor
Lon Salgren Top Down Solutions sells reman ones..also sells the parts to repair ours..

I dont have his number handy..maybe someone else can chime in..

Most hatch motors in the boneyards are FUBAR..so careful with getting a used one...even tho they were generic on TA's and Iroc's.

I picked one up on ebay not too long ago..

Add this to the list of spares needed with one of these cars,

MAF, coil pack ign module, ECM, Trunk hatch motor ;)

On the main page of www.thirdgen.org theres also multiple thirdgen salvage places that sell used ones that are tested good.

Back