You can type here any text you want

My First Race (very long but interesting)

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

pontiac69fb

I'm 18 yrs old and work up at Mc Donalds and have had my 87 Grand National for about 2 weeks. It is pretty much stock all it really has performance wise is a boost controller, but even that doesn't make much difference because the max i have turned the boost up to is 15 psi. Anyways I talk alot of crap and I have a friend who has a 1982 El Camino real clean looking car and he is very proud of it. I think it has a 307 in it. He would harass me and ask me if I want to race when im driving my 1993 Nissan Altima 4 door lol with a 4 banger. I told him ok I'll "race" him but let me have a week (little did he know it was so I could get my firebird back running). So I pull up to work and say "o.k. lets race". He's all excited big smile on his face and then he looks at the car I want to race him in and he isn't smiling anymore. He expected to see my Altima ,but that day I brung my 1969 firebird that me dad gave me when I turned 16. It is all stock except for the exhaust it has headers and is dumped. So I start her up and rev it just a lil bit, it sounds like a true muscle car, but its all bark and no bite it probably has over 300 hp at the fly wheel and around 100 something at the wheels lol like most old muscle cars. So he gets scared from the sound of it and the size of the engine and is like I don't want to race you anymore I only have a little 307. I understand him being afraid, if the car wasn't mine it would probably scare me too I probably wouldn't want to race something that sounds and looks like that. So anyways I buy the Grand National and bring it up to Mc donalds and ask him if he wants to race. He says let me look at it first and I show him the engine and he isn't impressed. The engine in my firebird is a 350 pontiac engine which is pretty big and on the outside its the same size as a 400 or 455 and the grand national is what a tinly little 231 v6. I then start the Grand National up and he is even less impressed because its all super quiet and makes no noise. I tell him "this car would beat the hell out of my firebird and probably your car and this car is only a v6 and the other cars are v8s" he laughs in unbelief and says that? he then says "I don't care this car has "turbo" blah blah blah" and says he still doesn't want to race and then I drive home. So I hound him everytime I see him saying ready to race like he used to do me and he always talk crap saying how much money he wants to wager but we never actually race just talk about it. So me asking him to race became like a little joke. Until 1 day we are getting ready to go to a crew party and I'm macking on the ladies when I ask him "jokingly" want to race. He says YES? and then says for 5 Dollars? I'm in a state of unbelief I'm like really not believing he finally grew some ....... and we start going outside then everyone scurrys outside because they all want to see this. I get in my car and then I see this guy I know named Lloyd goofily running to me and I try to lock my car but he opened it!, and hops in. I'm mad saying Lloyd get out man! because when you are racing you don't want any uneeded weight. He starts whining saying hes never been in a Grand National before and blah blah blah I just wanna experience it man! I roll my eyes and am like fine because the other guy was waiting for me and I can't sit here and waste alot of time fighting with Lloyd making him get out my car! =(. So we pull out on the street and there are too many cars on the road so we couldn't safely line them up then we stop at this old building and talk to each for a lil bit and turn around. There are virtually no cars on the road now just me and him so we're cruising at about like 30 and then I think? he hits it? lol but he isn't going anywhere so I go WOT on the grand national and he isn't seeing anything but tail light i start beating him by about 6 or 7 cars this is my first race so I make a noob mistake I thought to myself I want this to be fair. So I slow down thinking he must not of really been getting on it so like I said I hit the brakes and Slow down so we can line them up again and do it right this time. And then when I'm slowing down woosh! he flys by me doing about 60 or something and im like OOPS I'm such an idiot! this really really sucks hes going to "think" he killed me now, then take my 5 dollars and I'm never going to hear the end of it . And here is where it really gets interesting ok here is the case there is about not even an 1/8 mile ahead its like a 1/16 of a mile but even less then that because there is a stop light with about 4 or 5 cars there and we have to stop and turn back into the parking lot so I can't get on the car all the way and then coast past the parking lot because of the people up there stopped at the light and I don't want to put them at risk. So let me brake it down for ya I have to hit it and quit it lol and I can't do it long because I have to stop soon so I don't put other innocent people stopped at the light or Lloyd in any danger. So anyways back to the race there he is doing probably 70 by now and I have about a few hundred feet to do something and im cruising along about 40-45 like a retard. And I'm like what the hay and I kick the pedal to the metal. And as soon as the turbo kicks in there I go and instantly pass him I then put on the Turn Signal lmao pull about 3 or 4 cars in front on him rofl and then turn in front of him and then "SAFELY" might I add stop all within that little 1/16 of a mile. My friend LLoyd is like man we owned that guy and I was thanking God I have a car like the Grand National that can make up for my stupidity lol. I pull into the parking lot and say "wherel is my money"? =) he hands me the money and says "my car aint got no get up" well duh..... lol. I honestly think he might be able to hang and maybe beat the firebird but see he wanted to race the V6 Grand National because it doesn't sound like much and the engine is tiny. See the firebird and grand national are complete opposites 1 car is all talk and the other is all walk. Kinda just like me and him lol =).

Back