My GN is not happy

99Formula

I was racing at the track a couple of weeks ago, and on the first pass somethng strange happened. I launched at about 8psi, and about 30 feet out, my battery and check engine light flashed, the car backfired, and the scanmaster immediately showed about 30 degrees of retard. I limped the car down the track, came back around, let it cool off a long while. I took it to the empty end of the parking lot and couldn't get it to reproduce the problem. I went and made a pass and the car felt a little weak to the tune of a 12.58 @ 109. I stopped, let the car cool off, went back to make another pass and the car did the exact same thing as the first run.

Now I can reproduce the problem nearly every time once the car is warmed up. The following happens:
1) Step on accelerator more than 1/2 way.
2) Check engine AND battery lights begin to flash.
3) Scanmaster shows progressively more amounts of KR.
4) Car falls on its face.
5) Temperature will not drop below 198 degrees. Even at night when it's 60 out. With the front mount low 180's aren't uncommon, but now it's sticking right around 200.

Because of the temperature thing, I'm thinking I may have popped a head gasket at some point. I was only running about 20psi and 100 octane + Xylene, but anything is possible. But assuming even if I had, what's with the christmas light show going on on my dashboard?

Any ideas are appreciated,
Peter

Broken motor mount? Power brake the car and let someone watch the engine. See if it's rocking back and forth on revs. If so, likely grounding the battery cable when it does.