You can type here any text you want

My Regal for sale...

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
someone is gona get a nice car... that air cleaner reminds me of the stage I and II cowl induction buicks of years ago. :biggrin:

No,
Thank You;

It's a great car and deserves the kind of care you've shown it...
Great workmanship and attention to detail...

Beeauteeful! 'La Graand Oraang'

Something really different. Very nice. Well done.

Good Luck with auction.

Soemthing happened to the auction!
Looks like it's been pulled... by eBay, no doubt...

They allow the auction of GNX 298's "pieces" as a car and pulled yours for some reason... :confused:

Save the fees to relist, email your best "gotta have" price...
-Mike

mwgault@comcast.net

I am interested also.

EBAY does get a lot of flak I am told..... from folks who believe something is incorrectly listed. Some folks can't read the descriptions and get their feelings hurt when they make ASSumptions and bid on them. Thus we have the usual institutional response. RULES and POLICIES.

It should not be a problem listing as a Regal - I don't understand why lookalike or clone can't be used. Check out the MOPARS, GTOs, Yenkos and Chevy SS and RS etc. Where do they draw the line for those cars? Non-numbers match, period correct, recreation? My guess is lots of that stuff is TOO complicated for them to deal with.

Anyway I am off track. IMHO your listing only slightly mislead the possible bidder in the title. The fact that you state this is the GM Buick Gran Sport they never built was disregarded. Hopefully you will get all fees back from the EBAY monolith.

Yea, I am interested in the car. Email dwallpdrsn at aol.com. Thanks.

dwall said:
It should not be a problem listing as a Regal - I don't understand why lookalike or clone can't be used. Check out the MOPARS, GTOs, Yenkos and Chevy SS and RS etc. Where do they draw the line for those cars? Non-numbers match, period correct, recreation? My guess is lots of that stuff is TOO complicated for them to deal with.

This has nothing to do with that. It's a Buick Regal. It's not a clone or recreation. It's a one-off custom car that I designed. That isn't why they pulled it.

Anyway I am off track. IMHO your listing only slightly mislead the possible bidder in the title.

I mislead nobody. I have been an eBay member since 1999, have auctioned several cars, and follow all of eBay guidelines & rules. My car auctions are 100% accurate and very professional.

Ebay Motors give you 3 choices for title... Clear, Salvage, Other. My car has a PA Collectable Title, was properly represented as "Other", was clearly stated and explained in the auction, and I even provided a link to the PA DMV website PDF file for a complete fact sheet on Collectable Titles.

The reason it got pulled is either eBay's system cross references the title selection with autocheck, if it doesn't match 100%, eBay will pull it. Or some moron that has nothing better to do and doesn't take the time to do the research reports it, and it gets pulled by eBay employees who don't take the time to research it.

It's unfortunate, and I'm working with the eBay Reps now to resolve it.

Under what category was it listed? Regal? GN?

Fortunately we no longer have access to the listing. I don't remember all the details, but the way it was constructed it was initially misleading whether intentional or not. It did require careful and further scrutiny to figure out what exactly you were selling. You very carefully constructed your listing just as you did your car.

I liked your car. It is great, but as you said in so many words, it falls in it's own unique category. As it turns out Buick did not build the car that you did, but rather they built a turbocharged V6! :rolleyes:

Thanks for the EBAY education. Now go straighten them out! Looking forward to your new listing. I was sympathetic to your hassel ... nuf said.
Good Luck.

323GTX said:
This has nothing to do with that. It's a Buick Regal. It's not a clone or recreation. It's a one-off custom car that I designed. That isn't why they pulled it.

I mislead nobody. I have been an eBay member since 1999, have auctioned several cars, and follow all of eBay guidelines & rules. My car auctions are 100% accurate and very professional.

Ebay Motors give you 3 choices for title... Clear, Salvage, Other. My car has a PA Collectable Title, was properly represented as "Other", was clearly stated and explained in the auction, and I even provided a link to the PA DMV website PDF file for a complete fact sheet on Collectable Titles.

The reason it got pulled is either eBay's system cross references the title selection with autocheck, if it doesn't match 100%, eBay will pull it. Or some moron that has nothing better to do and doesn't take the time to do the research reports it, and it gets pulled by eBay employees who don't take the time to research it.

It's unfortunate, and I'm working with the eBay Reps now to resolve it.

Just list it next time as clear.

When are you going to sell the 323? :D

Never! :)

that air cleaner reminds me of the stage I and II cowl induction buicks of years ago.

Dual snorkel air cleaner is from an early to mid 80's Camaro Z28 with Rochester 4-barrel carb.

I picked that air cleaner so it will appear "era correct" for the stock 80's look. Another reason was for the low profile. If it fit under the tight engine compartment of the Camaro Z28, there was a good chance it would fit under the Regal hood.

Last but not least, passenger side snorkel is straight out, where the drivers side snorkel is slightly downward. This worked out well with the Buick engine, as the heater hoses run under the passenger snorkel.

Update...

eBay replied to me with this...

Thank you for writing eBay in regard to your vehicles title history.

I recognize your frustration and want to address your concerns.

The information posted on a listing, must reflect the title history
reported to us by AutoCheck.

In this situation, you would be able to list the vehicle with an "other"
designation for title. You can then state in the listing what you have
just stated to us, regarding the Reconstructed branding and it's
"collectable" status.

As long as you mention the reported title history in the auctions
description, you would be within eBay policy.

That's what I did do!

Basically they pulled the auction when they shouldn't have.

:rolleyes:

Doesn't matter, sale pending this weekend.

Congrats!

on the pending sale :)

Wonder who the lucky guy is?? :rolleyes:

Oh, that's right... it's me!! :biggrin:

See ya Sunday Brian.

Back