My trunk project....

groumoutis

photo-5.jpg
I don't know how it is sideways because the picture is right way up on my computer.:confused:

There is going to be another addition but I have to wait another couple days for it. I had to make the cover to go over the spare tire out of steel because the fiberglass was a complete failure. I have done all the work and the last piece is going to be part of my work and a friends work.

I couldn't just buy one of the kits for two reasons.

1. I am way to much of a tight @$$.
2. I would have had to alter it to make room for the sub enclosure.

I saved quite a bit of money. The carpet was $10 a roll and I used 3 rolls, the 3M adhesive was $7 bought 2 but only needed one. The hardboard was $20. So $64 invested and I am happy with it. I did buy some poster board so I could make templates. So add another $8.

Yes I do. I made it so I could remove the tire cover and made the drivers side as well since that is where the amp and capacitor are.

That looks good.

Did you remove the deck speakers? If so are you going to reinstall them?

I want to do something like that to my truck. I will presume you faced the subs inward to keep the trunk looking cleaner?

They are jbl gt series 10" and they face the back seat. The rear deck has been converted to the 6x9 and they are in there. It wasn't too difficult to do. I have built a ton of enclosures and just had to figure out how to get them to fit right. They are laid back a bit due to the height restrictions. The panels were trial and error with poster board. Make the sheet too big at first then keep cutting a little off until you get it the right size. The cover over the tire was the hardest. When I get home I will post the final look of the trunk. It looks perfect now.

First off don't knock your cheapness it's a bit of pride building stuff on your own. Looks good. Question I have is I have an older trunk kit made from thick cardboard type material I've been looking to replace the boards. Where is a good spot to get
that hard board that you used. I know the panels in my car are a thick cardboard type material. What tool did you use to cut the board.

I used hardboard from Home Depot. They have it in 2'x4 sheets. I cut it with a saber saw. If I had bought one of the kit for 300 bucks I would have had to alter it to work with the sub enclosure. So it would have been even more expensive. I need some good daytime pics so it can be seen a little better and the finished product isn't posted. I haven't had time since the beginning of June. It has been hectic with the power tour, scout camp and high school state championship! They won by the way! I will post up some pics soon!