You can type here any text you want

My Turbo Project...

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

86GN-862+2

This is my 1986 GN. runs good. looks good. Set out to make it run better and look better. Needs interior work and paint. Rebuilt engine, mods in progress.:D First and foremost mod: TT chip...Alcohol injection and bigger injectors comming next year! Shooting for mid 13's for a true sport car feel plus the sense of reliability. :cool: Hoping:biggrin:

photos004.jpg

photos001.jpg

first thing that i would do is get rid of that pass front wheel trim!:biggrin:

on another note, car looks good, have fun with the mods, you SHOULD be a little quicker with those mods

buickbert

:tongue: I'm going trim-less on all four fenderwells. Thanx for the compliments!:smile:

Nice. I did that with mine after paint.

And your goal of mid 13s should be very easy to meet with a chip, fuel pump and some traction.
Best of luck!

Nice. I did that with mine after paint.

And your goal of mid 13s should be very easy to meet with a chip, fuel pump and some traction.
Best of luck!

:confused: Stock fuel pump is not enough?? I am looking at 36# or possibly some 42# maximum for the injectors, TT chip and alky/water injection. Stock turbo and exhaust. Don't want to over do it. The car runs good right now at around 13# of boost but the temperature climbs to 210-215 degrees and holds there even with the 160 'stat I installed.:( under normal driving conditions...I'd like to see it at around 180-190 without breaking the bank for a new radiator and fans and other parts.

more pics..

Today I took the black carpet out. I'm very pleased with the overall condition of the floor pans. I did find a little surface rust. I need to address those areas before I replace the carpet. I'm going with grey carpet this time. Reason being, I had bought it for my Grand Prix 2+2 but I've had it stored away for about 3-4yrs...I'll buy the black one when I get more $$$. Any ideas on how to treat that rust?:confused: Thanx!

photos004.jpg

photos001.jpg

GN-floor-pans002.jpg

GN-floor-pans003.jpg

GN-floor-pans004.jpg

GN-floor-pans005.jpg

GN-floor-pans001.jpg

:confused: Stock fuel pump is not enough?? I am looking at 36# or possibly some 42# maximum for the injectors, TT chip and alky/water injection. Stock turbo and exhaust. Don't want to over do it. The car runs good right now at around 13# of boost but the temperature climbs to 210-215 degrees and holds there even with the 160 'stat I installed.:( under normal driving conditions...I'd like to see it at around 180-190 without breaking the bank for a new radiator and fans and other parts.

I would definitely dump the stock pump. Just safe insurance for 100 bucks and it's an easy swap. While doing that I would hotwire the pump too with a Racetronix hotwire kit. Keep in mind that fule pump may be 20 years old. You don't want that to stop working half way down the track @ 20psi. Then you'd be spending a lot more money replacing your motor than the 100 bucks for a fuel pump at the start. 36lb injectors and a TT chip would be perfect and with a little boost (and with your alcohol injection plan) you would be in the 12s with some traction. It's too easy to make these cars "quick"
I would definitely at least put an exhaust on there though. You want it to breath. All these little things will add up to a quick and reliable car.
Check your fan and fan relays to make sure they're working correctly.

The floors look great (I'm jealous). As stated by a few, a little surface sanding and some POR15 and you're done.

I would definitely dump the stock pump. Just safe insurance for 100 bucks and it's an easy swap. While doing that I would hotwire the pump too with a Racetronix hotwire kit. Keep in mind that fule pump may be 20 years old. You don't want that to stop working half way down the track @ 20psi. Then you'd be spending a lot more money replacing your motor than the 100 bucks for a fuel pump at the start. 36lb injectors and a TT chip would be perfect and with a little boost (and with your alcohol injection plan) you would be in the 12s with some traction. It's too easy to make these cars "quick"
I would definitely at least put an exhaust on there though. You want it to breath. All these little things will add up to a quick and reliable car.
Check your fan and fan relays to make sure they're working correctly.

The floors look great (I'm jealous). As stated by a few, a little surface sanding and some POR15 and you're done.

Thank you for the kind words and great advise! I will be performing all these improvements you have mentioned(except for the exhaust) before I get on it again. I'm just wondering what's good for an RPM redline or limit.:confused: Don't have a limiter but I can always lay off the gas:tongue: I can't wait to drive it after that happens! The exhaust has to wait for later in the year....maybe I will try the test pipe in place of the catalytic converter for now. $$$ is a bit tight right now...x-mas, New Year, property taxes..yuck!

Back