You can type here any text you want

My Vega

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

10secvega

Just incase anyone was wondering,My Vega is at the paint shop(should be back in another week or two).I got a pile of new parts to put on also.
ported stock heads,gasket matched intake,edelbrock cam.RJC manual boost controller.2004r with a Pats 2500 LU converter.Shooting for 10.80's this year.11.27 @ 118 was my best last year.

100_0389.jpg

100_0438.jpg

100_0458.jpg

I still have some work ahead of me. My headgaskets are leaking. I think the heads might be warped. If the heads are junk I might go with a set of GN1's its only money right. I am also sending the tranny to Janis just to be safe. I will hopefully be done by the end of this month. This car won't quit.:mad: I might be out there with my brother's Cutlass. We added a Powerstroke intercooler hoping to go mid 11's on the stock turbo. I heard DW42 is only running 1/8 mile this year. Have you heard anything?

Looks great....

I was wondering if you had a chance to weigh the car with the buick setup in it?

I'm doing a buick sky hawk for a customer and I've been wondering what the weight might be with the TB drive line in it...

Looks like you'll make it to Bowling green!

Thanks, Scott~

Looks great....

I was wondering if you had a chance to weigh the car with the buick setup in it?

I'm doing a buick sky hawk for a customer and I've been wondering what the weight might be with the TB drive line in it...

Thanks, Scott~
I did not weight it with the TB motor,yet.Scale was broke at one track and car was broke at another.

Looks great....

Thanks, Scott~

My old skyhawk weighed 2800# w/v8 and me in it. Seeing this thread actually made me wish I still had it to use for a hybrid.

FoggedV6, was your Skyhawk lightened in any way? All steel? Full interior? I ask because I have seen base weights higher than 2800. I thought that they were quite a bit heavier than the Vegas.

FoggedV6, was your Skyhawk lightened in any way? All steel? Full interior? I ask because I have seen base weights higher than 2800. I thought that they were quite a bit heavier than the Vegas.

It was all steel, The back seat and carpet were missing when I got the car. I removed the a/c, front bumper from under the cover and cut the door crash bars out. With all that done my friends vega was still lighter:rolleyes:

Just to clairify it was a 78' so it had bumper covers, not those big chrome ones found on the later years.

I understand. Mine is a 77. The bumper stuff without the shocks is really heavy. Sounds like you only lost about 120 lbs or so off of your car. That is lighter than I expected. I will weigh mine when it is finished and report back here. Sure hope it comes in near that weight. Thanks for the info!

Wow...

Carl... if your car weighs 3000 with driver it's going to be SWEET!

I might need to replace the tires after a few miles :biggrin:

Making the final IC pipe today.... Engine comes back out and we'll see how

the insides look... Heading toward the paint booth for the engine paint..

wonder how that blue peal's going to look :)

~Scott

Skyhawk

Well it might be around 3000 with you in it but with my fat butt it is sure to go over that.......LOL! Test it right before you give it back. Tires are a consumable when you have a turbo V6! Let me know how it is going. BTW Taboo should be back in a couple of weeks.

Here's a few pic's as of a month or so ago...

:)

Scott~

I plan on having the engine bay look like the orange picture of my friends Mustang there in the last picture...

Right now it's all in raw state... should look nice braced/bodyworked and painted!

The supports under the car is 1 5/8 Roll bar tubing should stiff'n it up a bit :p

It's a Chevette steering rack with flaming river support/Joints.

Stock 87 IC with the inlet/outlet changed all pipes are 2 1/2

Won't help the tire eating habit it's about to pick up... Lol...

Attachments

• SHfinalunderJPG.JPG
    SHfinalunderJPG.JPG
    53.5 KB · Views: 471
  • SKDPdone.JPG
    SKDPdone.JPG
    64.4 KB · Views: 468
  • SkyHawkIC.JPG
    SkyHawkIC.JPG
    62.3 KB · Views: 483
  • SHremakeheaderandshaft.JPG
    SHremakeheaderandshaft.JPG
    64.8 KB · Views: 467
Here is Chris's engine bay on the Mustang :eek: :tongue:

Attachments

• Picture047.jpg
    Picture047.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 467
She's got paint and she looks really good,pics don't do it justice.Hopefully have her home buy sunday to start putting her back together!!!(It's getting wet sanded right now,dull parts)

100_0524.jpg

100_0522.jpg

Back