You can type here any text you want

my wife ran 9.644 @ 140.59 in TSM trim

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Sam Colalillo

low 9's w/ a 109
BPG was a great time we turned in our new personal best time. Watching my wife run a 9.644 @ 140.59 MPH felt like I conquered Mount Everest. I really enjoy belonging to the Turbo Buick family.

My wife and I have enjoyed participating at these events, but we have spent the last couple of years as spectators while I did a frame off restoration to a Corvette then started the frame off resto on her car.

This car originally belonged to my Father in law. He bought it brand new in 1987. He passed away last year as I was finishing the engine, and chassis. He was always challenging the decisions I was making on the car. His antics and questions kept me more on my toes. He was an old school drag racer that ran an econo rail dragster in the early 70’s. He really wanted to see me make the car go 10’s in the ¼.

I really miss that guy. As I finished the car this year it turned into a dedication to my Father in law. My wife named the car Daddy’s Dream in his memory. I think he would be proud of what we have accomplished with the car.

The time slip we achieved this weekend came from a lot of help from several friends.

Cottons Performance Center:
The 3.5 inch custom down pipe that Brian made is just awesome. Gerry always does a great job of getting parts out the same day I order them from him. Jack has an amazing inventory and has always been very helpful.

DLS Engine development:
Making trips to DLS is the main reason why this engine makes power. The DLS stroker kit makes some amazing power. We spent a few hours at Dan’s shop one night while he shared some secrets with us. I feel this is the main reason why this engine is capable making the power that it is.

G body parts:
Brian Weaver has gone out of his way shipping me parts for me to try. With out being able to rely on him for several hard to find parts this would have been a difficult project. On this pass the Goody 3 row radiator kept the engine at a cool 176 degrees.

Hartline Performance:
Thanks to Holly for getting me parts quickly and tracking down Cal for me. Cal for helping with the XFI tune. We got this car going pretty fast with his base line tune. He has some really good tricks up his sleeve. We are going to need some more of his help to find more power in this engine. Cal, more log files will be emailed to you soon.

HR Parts N Stuff
Paul and Dave for their tech advice. This complete suspension system makes the car go straight and I have yet to see it not hook.

RJC racing:
Jason’s intercooler kept the air inlet temps below 107 degrees through out this run. The girdle fits the engine great and the pulleys are also working fantastically.

Turbo Regal custom parts:
The custom plates in the center console with my wife’s name give the car that personal touch.

All the guys that race TSM:
We really enjoy hanging out with all of you. The amount of help that is given is unbelievable. I could really sense that my wife was nervous all weekend. You guys all were very supportive of her being behind the wheel, I know this helped calm her racing nerves.

Chris (Butang)
Thanks for all your welding help with the chassis. You have sacrificed more time than anyone helping me with this project. You were always prepared every time you made a trip out here. Your welding is the best in my opinion. I could never repay you for the amount of hours you have in traveling to my shop and helping me with this car.

Tim (Underdaog GN)
Thanks for your dedication to helping me get this car looking great. The paint makes this car stand out in a crowd. I owe you for all your help you have given to me. I hope you allow me to pay you back. The car would never have been completed this year with out your help.

Pat (QKRNYRS)
Thanks for your technical help. I feel so much more comfortable being able to rely on your expertise with the FAST system when we go to the track. With out your help I would have never tried to accomplish what I have done with this car.

Scott (UR50SLO)
I know you are extremely busy at your shop which is always filled with cars. Thanks for traveling out to my house and helping with the sheet metal welding which needed to be done.

Jason (affordable GN)
Thanks for repaying me for all the help I have given to you on your car.

Any way here is the time slip:

Attachments

• bpg8208.jpg
    bpg8208.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 582
You forgot to mention the shower of beer she received after this run lol!

Congrats again to you two. You deserve it after all the hard work. See ya in a few weeks:cool:

You forgot to mention the shower of beer she received after this run lol!

Congrats again to you two. You deserve it after all the hard work. See ya in a few weeks:cool:

I did. That was alot of fun. I think she is now officially a member of the 9 second 109 club.

TSM is a blast. The amount of hours we put in, just to spend nine seconds enjoying all that work is insane.

Big Congrats.

I was down at the scales when I saw your car. it looks flawless.

A bunch of us commented on it...

Great storey, keep adding to it. :cool:

Great job !!

Congrats, you guys definately deserve it with th effort that you have put in :cool:

First TSM female in the 9's ? :confused:

Toni, You did an awesome job. Like I told you in the pits, you will be a force in TSM next year.

The car looks great Sam. You did good. That will be the next TSM car to strike fear in the hearts of others. Keep up the good work.

I just wanted to personally Thank everyone for making me feel welcome and giving me pointers especially on not being nervous, even though I still was. If you guys wanted to next time lets sit down and drink a few instead of spray me. who likes wasting beers:confused:
THANKS AGAIN and see you at the next event!
Toni

Congrats to Sam and his wife,great people and they built a helluca car.
Her dad would be proud!

Thats awesome. Hard work does pay off. Congrats. With everything staying the same you still have a tenth left in your sixty foot that would give you your 9.50 pass without even troubling the tune:eek: After following your build, I am so happy for you both. Congrats again.!!!

Back