mysterious smoke?

motorhead445

For the past 5 days I have noticed when I shut my car off(1987 Turbo-T) a little smoke has been showing up near passenger side
under the hood near windshield.It only last for a minute or so but I cant find it!It looks like something is burning near downpipe under heaterbox?The car had its intake off recently (ported-polished)could it be in back of intake?I noticed a little dribble of oil
near passenger side under the car.What can this be, as I had someone interested in buying the car & it is getting on my nerves
I havent put it on a lift yet to get a real good look,but Im planning on doing it soon.

I bet it is leaking where the intake meets the head on the back corner.

my rear main seal leaks and drips oil on the crossover pipe and makes smoke when i come to a stop or shut the car off. this might be your problem. oil leaks all over my engine cross brace also as a result so check there. do you come out to your car after its been sitting for a bit and see a pool of oil on the ground? my car leaks TONS of oil from the rear main area so look for that also. it also might be that your valve cover gasket is leaking and needs to be replaced. check that b/c you mentioned it was smoking in the downpipe area and the passenger side of the engine. hope this helps:cool:

I had a leak on the passenger side valve cover. The nuts had worked loose in the last three years, tightened them up Viola No leaks.