Mystery Video

Two Lane

I've got an excellent 15 second avi. video (with excellent audio) of a TR making a run through an 1/8th mile. The only data on the file is: kibincar.3 avi.

The dragstrip has an advertising panel in the background for
Doug Jones Ford.

The vid camera is behind the driver mounted centrally on the roll cage.

The lights trip with a 5.53! :eek: :) :eek:

Any one know the car and owner? Any updates? :confused:

TIA!! :)

Thats Richie Kibler. I LOVE the in car video. I have it saved as well. Whenever I wanna see how the fast guys run, I pop that one on....YAHOOOO!!

Go to precisionte.com -> Buicks -> on any of the customer rides pages, scroll to bottom and select Rich Kibler's link foir info on him/his car.

MANY THANKS!!

A VERY favorite vid!!

Hope to meet him/see the car some day soon! :)

Much appreciated! :)

CUSTOMER RIDES FEATURE

Originally posted by TurboJim
Go to precisionte.com -> Buicks -> on any of the customer rides pages, scroll to bottom and select Rich Kibler's link foir info on him/his car.

Jim,

I definitely remember the Customer Rides section on the previous PTE website's layout, but the current updated menu doesn't seem to have included it.

(Unless I'm looking everywhere, except the right place?)

TIA!! :) :confused: :)

Re: CUSTOMER RIDES FEATURE

Originally posted by Two Lane
Jim,

I definitely remember the Customer Rides section on the previous PTE website's layout, but the current updated menu doesn't seem to have included it.

(Unless I'm looking everywhere, except the right place?)

TIA!! :) :confused: :)

I just got done looking for it also---i finally found it by clicking on "Buick Products" several times---it finally just came up-----But then-----the link is bad---no video to be found.:confused: :confused: :confused:

Geoff

Geoff,

Went back & "triple-clicked" on the Buick button a couple of times more and did finally get through to the Customer Rides section.

Glad it's still there! :)

Like you, the link to the vid did not work for me, either.

Hope it gets back up real soon! :)

A PUBLIC SERVICE

Thanks, Jim!

I predict that posting the vid for everyone to download will
lead to a severe coast-to-coast TR upgrade fever, sending aftermarket sales to stratospheric levels! :)

Hope MANY more TR owners/racers also do some In-Car vids for us soon! :)

Q: When the tree comes down, and his right hand is jerked backwards, what's your guess: releasing transbrake/line lock, both? Button mounted on the steering wheel, or coiled line to handswitch? <---can not see

Q: From the sounds of the motor during staging, what electronics are detectable? Stutter box, 2-step?

Q: My screen resolution is not great, but can you detect the shift point redlines?

Again, thanks for providing storage for the vid on your site.

I truly do believe you've provided another great community service for the TR community! :)

Re: A PUBLIC SERVICE

Q: When the tree comes down, and his right hand is jerked backwards, what's your guess: releasing transbrake/line lock, both? Button mounted on the steering wheel, or coiled line to handswitch? <---can not see

my guess.... G FORCES! :D

THREE QUESTIONS FOR YOUR VIEWING PLEASURE

Q: From the sounds of the motor during staging, what electronics are detectable? Stutter box, 2-step?

Q: My screen resolution is not great, but can you detect the shift point redlines?

TTT :) :confused: :)