You can type here any text you want

Nascar type suspension for a G body.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
This isn't class legal but it looks like a simple set up that can be used for better traction. Take a look guys.:smile:

Hotrods to Hell

I thought the truck arm suspension was mandated by NASCAR? I don't think it's the best modern choice.

Don't know... :redface:

Does look cool though.

Don't know whether Nascar made this manditory or not but the fact that the arms are still available from GM should tell you that it works. One other thing about this type of suspension is that it's really tough. This type of system is still the prefered design for off road racing in places like Baja and you know they have to have traction in all types of conditions. :)

of course this would show up as soon as I have almost completed my rebuild....

HTH has been selling these kits for about a decade..

as to why they use that setup in NASCAR- it's partly because it's a simple design that is used in a lot of different racing classes, so the parts are cheap.. but it's mostly because NASCAR has mandated it for a couple of decades to make it easier to tech the cars and keep them on a more equal footing.

the kits they sell are pretty simplified versions of what the NASCAR guys use- they have multiple mounting points for the front pivot, different types of bushings and pivot points, weight jackers on the springs and a screw that moves the panhard bar mounting point on the chassis up or down by sticking a ratchet with an extension thru the rear window.

someone should sell a front suspension kit that uses the parts they use in NASCAR on that end of the car, too.. they have replaceable slugs to move the tie rods, ball joints, and upper and lower control arm mounting points around to tweak every aspect of the front suspension- bumpsteer, ackerman, camber and caster change, and about a hundred other things. plus they manage to get absolutely HUGE brakes behind a 15" wheel..

i found this website some time ago while googeling that style rearend sins im building my regal with as much nascar related parts as i can

1968-1972 chevy pickup truck rear suspention. even dodge uses this suspention on the new ram trucks. you can buy the parts from lmc truck or other full size truck catalogs.

1968-1972 chevy pickup truck rear suspention. even dodge uses this suspention on the new ram trucks. you can buy the parts from lmc truck or other full size truck catalogs.

the rear suspension in the new Ram trucks has more in common with a GN than it does with the suspension in the 63-72 GM truck that the NASCAR suspension is based on. i'm sure you could just order some truck arms from LMC or get some from a junkyard and make them work, but the actual parts sold by race car chassis suppliers are totally different.. and the HTH arms are different for each application- some have the springs on the arms like the trucks did and NASCAR racers do, some keep the springs in the stock locations on top of the housing. some don't have any provisions for a regular spring at all and just use coilover shocks.

i am certainly not knocking the product, the biggest concern i can see it where does the exhaust go? if the car is going to be low. just an observation

you have the middle of the x pipe right between the front mounts for the arms and then run it like normal

you have the middle of the x pipe right between the front mounts for the arms and then run it like normal

Not exacly ideal if you are trying to lower a car want it to drive over a speed bump without high centering. The lowest spot of the car is dead center beween the axles.

Not exacly ideal if you are trying to lower a car want it to drive over a speed bump without high centering. The lowest spot of the car is dead center beween the axles.
it aint gonna be very low only 1 inch drop maybe

the easy solution is a side exit exhaust in front of the rear wheel- NASCAR style.

if it's quiet enough to satisfy the noise laws in your area and as long as the exhaust comes out behind the door, it should be perfectly legal.

well this is norway so but maybe hell there are cars with sidepipes so damn sure make try to have a side stickout

well this is norway so but maybe hell there are cars with sidepipes so damn sure make try to have a side stickout

i'll assume that there are a few Dodge Vipers running around over there- a lot of them came stock with side pipes.. late 90's Ford F150 pickups came with side exit exhaust that dumped in front of the rear wheels, too..

Back