You can type here any text you want

Navy Jet on Ebay!!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Wow, I've seen military jets for sale before but they always gut them first so you can't fly them.

Check out the other stuff this seller has up.

A Huey chopper
A couple of other airplanes
Weird JUNK

Wonder why he's selling? Wife making him get rid of it?? GEEZ.

I love that picture of it being 1 meter off the ground. I'm sure the U.S. gov't keeps a close eye on who flies that, when, where and why.

When I lived in the midwest I knew some local guys who were into racing and restoring old P-51s and other miltary planes and they were always telling me of lost treasures available in 3rd world countries(probally where all the old Russian MIGs that show up on eBay come from) and all you needed to do was box them up in a container and let them sit in customs for a month or two and "viola!" you have a jet fighter you can fly. Makes me wonder how hard it would be to import an old F-4 Phantom from Africa assuming you didn't piss Big Brother off. BTW all this is really out of my budget anyway since I cant even afford to buy a battery for the GN.

P.S.This would be a great accessory to go with the aircraft carrier thread from last week.

Well as far as the older planes like the p-51 go their wont be many people flying them around... at my airport where, i trained there... hope to work there, some guy has a p-51 since they were only one seaters and most of us dont know how to fly them on our ownso he had it converted to a two seater so he can train in it... long story short he really does a lot of dumb things around the airport and from what i here the FAA will no longer allow anyone to make the changes to any privately owned military aircraft.. so if you plan on becoming a test pilot i wouldnt mess around with them..

Well as far as the older planes like the p-51 go their wont be many people flying them around... at my airport where, i trained there... hope to work there, some guy has a p-51 since they were only one seaters and most of us dont know how to fly them on our ownso he had it converted to a two seater so he can train in it... long story short he really does a lot of dumb things around the airport and from what i here the FAA will no longer allow anyone to make the changes to any privately owned military aircraft.. so if you plan on becoming a test pilot i wouldnt mess around with them..

Originally posted by turbofish38
When I lived in the midwest I knew some local guys who were into racing and restoring old P-51s and other miltary planes and they were always telling me of lost treasures available in 3rd world countries(probally where all the old Russian MIGs that show up on eBay come from) and all you needed to do was box them up in a container and let them sit in customs for a month or two and "viola!" you have a jet fighter you can fly. Makes me wonder how hard it would be to import an old F-4 Phantom from Africa assuming you didn't piss Big Brother off. BTW all this is really out of my budget anyway since I cant even afford to buy a battery for the GN.

P.S.This would be a great accessory to go with the aircraft carrier thread from last week.

Ive seen quite a few F-4 Phantoms for sale all over the place. I believe whats pissing the government off about this one is that the Hornet is still in service. The dont want the WRONG person buying it. Read the article he attached to the auction.

BTW the guy also has a MIG 29 for sale too...

Well it looks like somebody pulled the plug. The FBI should have let it stay. Think about it. What better way to lure Bin-Laden out into the open than to dangle a piece of eye candy like this. I'm not saying the spook would actually do the buying himself but it might get someone on the money end to make a stupid mistake. Come to think of it maybe the seller got an offer he couldn't refuse. Oh the conspirecy(sp) theories one could have with this one.

Our local news just did a story on this being for sale on ebay, but they said the seller was wanting just over $2 million and there was no bids! Last time I looked there were over 100 bids and it was over $14mil before it was pulled!
They did say the owner bought this in an auction from the Navy and expected it to be a bunch of parts, not an entire plane, but then again they seem to think the auction is still going.....

Back