You can type here any text you want

NC Wastegate

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

51 Turbo

Tat Man
Come to find out I have the one year that Buick made the normally Open wastegate actuator. Thank you B4Black for the info. I would like to replace it for the normally Closed unit. Might help the lag. Any one have one for sale or are they available aftermarket. I see plenty for turbo diesels but I don't know compatibility. Thanks

The wastegate is specific to B4black cars so there's only 1 other way to go. You'd need to make one for an external wastegate set up which will control the boost better but will cost more.

lemme dig in my stuff, i might have a regular one you can use

Thanks Doc. I'm trying to put order to the parts and pieces that are missing from my motor. Trying to organize necessity as well. The car is running better than ever but performance is one of those things we never stop messing with. Now knowing all the things missing PEVR, Knock Sensor andESC, and now the actuator, it's like starting over. All your help has been greatly appreciated. Thanks

Thanks Doc. I'm trying to put order to the parts and pieces that are missing from my motor. Trying to organize necessity as well. The car is running better than ever but performance is one of those things we never stop messing with. Now knowing all the things missing PEVR, Knock Sensor andESC, and now the actuator, it's like starting over. All your help has been greatly appreciated. Thanks

No worrys Boss, just have to be a little patient with me right now as i am up to my ears in cars and parts being sold, traded, thrown out, etc etc etc and i dont want to leave anybody hanging. as soon as I get my taxes i can start shipping everybodys parts out and we will get you all fixed up with what you need.

:D

No worrys Boss, just have to be a little patient with me right now as i am up to my ears in cars and parts being sold, traded, thrown out, etc etc etc and i dont want to leave anybody hanging. as soon as I get my taxes i can start shipping everybodys parts out and we will get you all fixed up with what you need.

:D
Thanks Frank. Get your taxes? What a concept. Keep me posted

Thanks Frank. Get your taxes? What a concept. Keep me posted

yea first time ever in my life i didnt have to pay and got a return! I should have gotten a wife and kids years ago!

I will let ya know as soon as i can get it all together, IRaceItAll is first in line this week for a complete turbo

Alright mang!

lets do this,

Okay... so we need a NC wastegate, got one. gimme 10 bucks.

what else can i get for ya?:D

Alright mang!

lets do this,

Okay... so we need a NC wastegate, got one. gimme 10 bucks.

what else can i get for ya?:D

Well Doc, for now I think I'm going to move slow and take it one thing at a time. The bottom line is I lag and I knock. Lets get the wastegate and see where to go from there. Now can I still use the existing actuator? And how do you want the $$ ? Call me and let me know and we can discuss other ways you can take my money. Thanks Frank Steve 303-641-0003

sorry i havent gotten in touch with you yet, it has been a crazy week for me with my house getting broken into and stuff... but i wanted to let you know i hadnt forgotten.

Call any time I'm self employed. I have most of Friday off except to take my motorcycle driving test (again) at 3:00. Around all day Sat. as well. Probably cleaning this new motor, and trying out a real PVR valve. WOOO HOOO!!

So please double check my plumbing.
A is the center port PEVR
B is to the power valve from the offset port PEVR
C is distributor vac advance turbo copy.jpg

Hey Charlie, I have been talking to Dr. Frank and would also like you to check out my PEVR plumbing from the thread above. Motor is 1981. I also changed out the NO wastegate. Thanks

Thanks, but where they show the vac. advance I don't have a port. I have a smooth spot in the carb where there could be one but there isn't. Now that I have the PEVR and the right wastegate I'm going to start goofing with the timing. I know I'm way off

Back