Need a gasket.............

Utah Blaine

Need a foot gasket to remount a turbo. 1979 manifold. Fel Pro used to have a turbo mounting set # ES72509, had seven gaskets in it. One was the foot gasket. Anyone know who may sell this gasket set?

Hi Guys... I run the 301 Garage and have had a l0t of family issues of late. Registration is back open.

So it's the gasket that sits on the intake? I didn't know it was the same as the 301...

So it's the gasket that sits on the intake? I didn't know it was the same as the 301...
Sane material and center hole, but the ears are in a different position Joe. The holes are symmetrical where the 301 gasket is asymmetrical. Here's a pic of the 301 turbo with a V6 gasket on it.
DSCF1314.JPG

That's right! I remember now that you had to make the modification to the foot when you joined the two turbos

The only way I could see to make a good gasket is to glue several layers of cardboard (like that you get in a cereal box) together to make it as thick as you need. Then make the holes with a hole saw (center) and then a hole punch for the bolt holes. You'd need to use something like the 3M trim adhesive and then compress the material between 2 boards so it was thick and stable.

Mr Gasket still sells exhaust gasket material. Try MR Gasket 5960. Jegs has it for about 16.00 shipped. Summit has it for less, but there is a handling charge under 100.00. It's thick and strong.

It shouldn't be too hard to make, but it need to be about a ¼" thick. You will need the spacers from the old gasket and the new gasket needs to be slight thicker than the spacers.

Or use some thin gasket material and just put a new surface on the old gasket.

Need a foot gasket to remount a turbo. 1979 manifold. Fel Pro used to have a turbo mounting set # ES72509, had seven gaskets in it. One was the foot gasket. Anyone know who may sell this gasket set?

The Felpro set was ES72507.

If someone has the set still in the box, I believe it listed the individual gasket part numbers.

I recall someone making a spacer from aluminum with a groove for an o-ring on each side. That should fairly easy now that CNC machines are so common. Probably not cheap though.

You can make the aluminum spacer yourself Rich. I made one to raise the the turbo up 7/16". Just requires a drill, a jigsaw or coping saw, a hole saw, and some files to cut it out. I used the gasket as a template but don't have a way to cut a grove for the O rings. One top and bottom or 2 paper gaskets would work.