You can type here any text you want

Need a Heating guy (Fast)....

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

fatride

Finally got in the new house this past weekend, and now my Lennox heater only works when it wants to.. Was cold this morning when I got up, 41 degrees:eek: I think the Intermittent Pilot Ignition Control is bad. Can someone help me out local, I'm pretty much broke now, and looking for some help...
Thank you

No green light? No spark out of it?

What exactly is the issue, have you torn the crappy electrical box off and checked the resistors to see if one is burn.

Ive worked on many heaters in my life, its mostly a simple system if you set back and look at it in perspective. Its just a switch.

BW

Please post your entire system, you can bypass that box to get the heater on, why are you posting this so late at night??

Wished i was right there, hopefully we can help you out Nick

BW :)

Hey BW, when it starts to make the clicking noise to ignite, the green light turns off and just the fan keeps running. No more spark to ignite.... it's the green light on the blue box. I called someone today and they wanted $900.00 to come out and fix it.. I don't know much about this crap...
Thank you

Please post your entire system, you can bypass that box to get the heater on, why are you posting this so late at night??

Wished i was right there, hopefully we can help you out Nick

BW :)

Because I played around till I got it to work this afternoon, and was good till about 7pm. Now the crap wont ignite again..:rolleyes:
Thanks BW

Ok, sounds like this is tough to do without being there.

You say the box is making the solenoid click and it is definitely putting out spark at the same time. Can you check the voltage on the gas valve at the same time?

Think of it this way, check the voltage of the supply of gas to the system, its going to be a large solenoid for large supply of gas.

I found a link online, Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC: Voltage to gas valve on rheem furnace, flame sensor, gas valve

If you have spark and voltage to the solenoid, most likely that box is not bad, all it does is turn on the flow of gas and spark it off.

Please take your time and check with a digital meter if you have voltage on the solenoid and if you can hear it flow...
If you have a meter, check each resistor in the "box", they are color coded and can be purchased at radio shack. Those are the most common issues with the "box"

The system is really easy, just sit back and try to stay warm Nick, i would get a meter and let me know whats up.

HTH
BW

Thanks BW! Now I need to go find which box I put all my garage tools and crap in:mad:
Thanks

Just think of it this way, that electrical box controls everything, yours might be fine, its really simple to pull that box apart and visually inspect to see if you have a burnt spot.

I would do that and go from there, some companies are a few weeks out.

Most likely what has happened is there is a part in your system drawing too many amps and burnt out a resistor. Alot of the time, you can get the 900.00 guy to come out and its only a .30 cent piece to fix it.

Treat it like a buick, look at it, clean the connections, look for something wrong, if the blower motor and spark are working, thats great. If the gas valve is not putting out gas and it has voltage to it, then the gas valve is bad.

Hopefully you have voltage to it, and its just not working, sometimes just clean the connections, but if you have voltage and its not flowing gas, smack it with a hammer, there is a diaphragm inside that might be not working right.

This is not a propane system right? Standard gas line or what?

On a side note: you do have it set to heat hehe just kidding.

blue box is bad and made by johnson controls an upgrade was created by lennox to convert to honeywell and came with a new bracket. They still use the blue box (ignition module) in there rooftop units. Believe all residential units now use hot surface ignition. In the end i guess they too suseptable to heat.

Sorry guys, been to buisy working around the house.. Thanks for all the help!! It was the blue Johnson Control box which was bad. Bought the Honeywell upgrade and has been working great!!
Thanks again guys;)

Back