Need a mechanic near Nashville, Atlanta or Sarasota

GNRick

Retired member
I will be driving from Illinois to Sarasota third week of March. I would like to get my oil leak repaired in my 87 TR- I suspect the rear main seal. I can stay over night around Nashville, Atlanta, and anywhere between Atlanta and Sarasota. I will be in Sarasota a few days so I could get it fixed there too. I know KDK is in Orlando but traffic will be terrible there, on spring break. I checked with the Buick GSCA and they "might" be able to accomodate me. They are near Valdosta, in south GA. I'm just trying to line up something more concrete. Thanks.

Rob Irle in Atlanta is very good, honest and reliable. I used him on 4 different TRs w/ nothing but success and is very fair on cost. He is on this board as "gn-t-type"

Nelson Hernandez is in Palmetto, which is right up the road from Serasota. I've known him for years and he is a very good mechanic. He can fix you up.. if you want his contact info, drop me a PM.

You could always call Fred.

Fred's Turbo Performance
8620 Old Valdosta Rd N
Hahira, Ga 31632
229-794-2337

I have never had him do any work for me personally, but have have met him and his wife and heard nothing but good about them. Seems like a straight up fellow. He owns a GN, GNX, and a TTA. I believe he did the trani for the TFT giveaway car.

HTH,
Z

Depending on which route you take to Sarasota, You could go by KDK Performance in Orlando. (Go down 95 then use 4 to go over to 75).

Kevin does good work and is very honest. You can get their phone bumber from any GSXtra or from his website. KDK Performance - Orlando Florida

Sully

Thanks for the replies! I have some options now that I didn't have before. :biggrin: :biggrin:

You could always call Fred.

Fred's Turbo Performance
8620 Old Valdosta Rd N
Hahira, Ga 31632
229-794-2337

I have never had him do any work for me personally, but have have met him and his wife and heard nothing but good about them. Seems like a straight up fellow. He owns a GN, GNX, and a TTA. I believe he did the trani for the TFT giveaway car.

HTH,
Z

I agree also with Fred in Valdosta
right off I-75 about 2 turns a few miles off the interstate & your there.
He just finished rebuilding my engine & it looks SWEEET! he just finished my brothers trans now he's doing mine & i'll be ready to go!!! Call ahead of time though. He repaired an oil leak for Evans car I think right before everyone went to Reynolds.

Third vote for Fred, he and Kay are great people and he does very very good work.

I spoke with Kay on the phone and got everything lined up. Thanks for everybody's help. :biggrin: