need a shop in AUSTIN, anyone?

KingLouis

The 13th
Sup Ya'll?

I'm located in Killeen, Texas.

I own a 87' GN.:smile:

I need to locate a good shop to dump some cash on for my engine rebuild.:(

Please help me out. I've searched to site already, but all the posts are old and all those numbers are dc'ed.

Any info / phone numbers would be great, no matter what area the shop is in.

Hello guys..

New member here..

I have the same problem...Moving to Austin soon and need a good shop for tuning and installation.

So help a new fellow member here:biggrin:

Do you guys have some mechanical knowhow? or need a shop to do all of the work?

I ask because I would consider doing some things here and there, but not really setup to do the complete job.

Tim Blessin is in Austin with Mike Hogan. I don't know if they do any side work anymore.

Honestly...I mainly need tuning...any one can install headers and downpipes...I need an experienced tuner for GNs.:confused:

Honestly...I mainly need tuning...any one can install headers and downpipes...I need an experienced tuner for GNs.:confused:

You may get faster help if you post your current mods and "tune goal". :eek:

Hey Jerryl. What's been going on? I've finally got my head above water with the new job and settled in South TX now.

Newbies:

Depending on the level of knowledge you have, and mods and goals wanted, I would research the different, known combinations out there and follow them. Especially if we're not talking about tuning on a Fast system, DFI, or BS3.

With a good chip and proper running car, I can't see that there is anything to "tune" besides boost and fuel pressure. Don't fall into the knook of the "newest" turbo, chip, intercooler, headers etc, etc, etc. Many of those things don't add much incremental HP until you get to critical points in combinations.

The adjustability of new chips and translators, etc is neat. I would wait until you have a little more experience in the cars before going down that path.

Forgot to say: My suggestion for tuning - put an EGT on the car and tune to 1550 exh temps through the traps with 0 knock.

Nice to talk to you Luis.

I don't live in Austin anymore, unfortunately. I sure miss it.

But I moved to Bryan (1.5 hours away from ATX) and have a shop here. I'll post some pics real soon, and some pics of the Buick I am doing right now.

:smile:

Found my Shop!!!

(Disco Stu) John my man. Its a good thing I came across you there. I posted this the night I first IM'ed. Bryan/College Station isn't to far out.
I think you solved my shop problem. I think I'm rolling with you. You seem very knowledgable and trustworthy. Willing to give a noob to the whole GN thing a good honest hand. The choice was pretty easy. Can't wait to get this all going. Black Maggie will be a beast when your done I'm sure.

Take it easy ya'll and Merry Xmas. :biggrin:

(Disco Stu) John my man. Its a good thing I came across you there. I posted this the night I first IM'ed. Bryan/College Station isn't to far out.
I think you solved my shop problem. I think I'm rolling with you. You seem very knowledgable and trustworthy. Willing to give a noob to the whole GN thing a good honest hand. .......

Kingluis,
Eticket or Disco Stu .......... These are 2 of the most knowledgable guys in the TR circuit. I had the pleasure of meeting Eticket (John) and he is a very nice guy as well. A classy guy!

John (Eticket)
Welcome to South TX! :biggrin:
Glad things are going the right way.
Shoot me an e-mail if you ever make it to Houston.
Beers and wings on me. :cool:

Kingluis,
Eticket or Disco Stu .......... These are 2 of the most knowledgable guys in the TR circuit. I had the pleasure of meeting Eticket (John) and he is a very nice guy as well. A classy guy!

John (Eticket)
Welcome to South TX!
Glad things are going the right way.
Shoot me an e-mail if you ever make it to Houston.
Beers and wings on me. :cool:

Dude, thats hella cool of you bro. As soon as I get back from Iraq I was considering hosting a greet n meet in Austin. I appreciate the invite. Yeah I also heard ETicket was a good dude to deal with. Guess i had contacted ol' Disco before anyone else and he was willing.

I appreciate the gesture ETicket.

Damn ya'll boys are cooler than a polarbears toenails on this site. Glad I joined.

Do you guys have some mechanical knowhow? or need a shop to do all of the work?

I ask because I would consider doing some things here and there, but not really setup to do the complete job.

Tim Blessin is in Austin with Mike Hogan. I don't know if they do any side work anymore.

(sorry for the double post)

ETicket...

Sorry I must of overlooked this post.

Yeah I'm pretty much looking for the full meal deal. Strengthening the whole motor completely. Possibly some brake upgrades and suspension also. I saw you said you weren't really set-up for the whole job. Disco's got the space and a shop going so I went with him seeing that I contacted him first.

But thanks so much for the interest. Look forward to meeting all of you guysonce I get back.

You may get faster help if you post your current mods and "tune goal". :eek:

What I have:

- TE-60 Big shaft from cottons?!
- 3000 stall (works great with the turbo).
- Razor alky kit.
- Stock engine and heads in a great condition.
- PTE stock location intercooler.
- turbo tweak chip.
- scanmaster
- Boost, oil, water, and fuel pressure gauges
- 50s and a 340 pump

The car is currentely tuned for 20 psi with alky ...I want 28psi with alky

i have no experience what so ever with tuning ...I have never done it ..and I am wise enough not to play around with it.

I figured I'd post some pics of my shop/house/related in this thread.

peckers274.jpg

peckers242.jpg

0020007a.jpg

peckers509.jpg

peckers431.jpg

peckers302.jpg

jfitte001.jpg

jps.jpg

100_0578.jpg

jps014-1.jpg

Dude... Thats tiiiiter than knat ass! Def. can not wait to bring her to you.

The lady with the rock-a-billy look going... Nice touch bro. :tongue:

Big VOUCHER for John (Disco Stu)...the stroker motor GN that he's working on now is mine!!!! Been awhile in the making, but by the time this is all said and done, I "hope" to have one of the fastest GNs in Texas! To the original poster and anyone else interested, John is 100% a standup guy! His communication is excellent, integrity is impecable and his quality of work/work ethic un-matched! Now, close to $23k in to the TOTAL transformation of my '86 GN, I wouldn't have it any other way or have gone with any other builder. My only advice is to realize that John's work is literally a 1 man operation, so don't expect the couple week turn-around that a lot of these major shops with inventory on their shelves can provide. However, in making that time trade, you are getting one-on-one attention on your project and direct communication with the SOLE individual responsible for EVERYTHING done on your car. For me, it is and was a no-brainer!

Oh, and also to the original poster, I live in the Harker Heights/Killeen area as well...great to hear of another GN owner around!

And yeah, a lot of those pics look really familiar John!?!?!?.....ha! Geez, I can't WAIT!!!!

Yep.. I am by no means a shop - or want to be one. But do like to build motors and advise when I can.

I'm sure Mr. Disco Stu can be your man and do a great job.