You can type here any text you want

Need a Turbo

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

87chrisss

BLUBYU
Here's the deal i have a stock longblock right know with a built trans a vigilante converter 7disk l/u 32-35 stall std gear ratio 3;42's @ the track cant really hold much boost on the line about 7 psi and i break loose, my 60 fts are best of 1;9 and 7;68 @ 91 mph on the 1/8th on 93 pump and alky @ 22-23 psi timing is kept safe and afr 10.8 well i bought the huge 6765 because i have some ported heads with new springs on the shelf, trying for a custom grind but cant get too much info on custom grinds ppl are secretive??? so i might have to go off the shelf grind, i also have a complete e85 system ready to bolt on, 120's 6.1 chip etc, i really want to buy a turbo that will suite my stock longblock until i get ready to take swap heads and intake and do the cam & e85 swap, i dont mind running 26psi + but i really need some mid 11 passes and if possible faster, what turbo is good for both setups since i would like to use it with my current stock longblock until i reach my 11.5 goal Then go with my ported heads, and a about 212 cam e85 +28+ psi i dont want to spend double money which i already am because i bought this bigbb 6765... my buddy told me to run the stock turbo @ 28 psi and i should be able to run high 11'90s with a 1.6-1.7 60 ft.. but rather buy something that'll suite both setups and keep the 6765 on the shelf for future setups or i might sell not sure? some input pls. saw bison has the 5857 on there, but thats more for stock converter type of deal..not sure was thinking te45 or a te60 te63? 6262

IMHO, not unless you're looking to go mid 9's, I would ditch the 67mm & Vig converter. Any of the wheels you mentioned will have your initial goals covered. If you want new tech, somthing you can use now, grow into and have excellent street manners the 6262, 6265 or the NEW 6466 fits the bill. I've used the 6262 w/stock long block and a PTC 10' 2800 l/u and it worked really well.(No track times) The 6262 ain't no punk either. It's been mid 10's with ported heads, cam and converter. The 6265 will have you covered up to 10.00 or faster w/purpose built motor and it's very street friendly too! I've only seen I person post info on the 6466 but it was street duty/testing. He downgraded from the 67mm to the 64mm for better spool-up and more power.Go figure!! The efficiency of the PTC 9.5 non lock is unbelievable, hence me saying ditch the Vig. In the long run you'll end up running over it.

Im sure if you ask Bison for his input on one of his turbos he'd steer you in the right direction. Are you still selling your 6765?

i already got some good input from reading, and yea i still have the 6765, i bought a te60 to see if i can reach my goal will see what happens

87chrisss said:
i already got some good input from reading, and yea i still have the 6765, i bought a te60 to see if i can reach my goal will see what happens

The te60 will hit choke flow at 118-119mph. About 54-55lbs/min in really good air. Just switching the turbine would raise the flow potential to about 63lbs/min in average air. For comparison a 6765 will flow at least 82lbs/min. The cea 67 compressor flows in the high 80's and supports about 350hp more than a te60. JW has been over 150mph with the 67 cea in really good air. 90+lbs/min. that's a lot of air.

87WE4BOOSTED said:
IMHO, not unless you're looking to go mid 9's, I would ditch the 67mm & Vig converter. Any of the wheels you mentioned will have your initial goals covered. If you want new tech, somthing you can use now, grow into and have excellent street manners the 6262, 6265 or the NEW 6466 fits the bill. I've used the 6262 w/stock long block and a PTC 10' 2800 l/u and it worked really well.(No track times) The 6262 ain't no punk either. It's been mid 10's with ported heads, cam and converter. The 6265 will have you covered up to 10.00 or faster w/purpose built motor and it's very street friendly too! I've only seen I person post info on the 6466 but it was street duty/testing. He downgraded from the 67mm to the 64mm for better spool-up and more power.Go figure!! The efficiency of the PTC 9.5 non lock is unbelievable, hence me saying ditch the Vig. In the long run you'll end up running over it.
The 6262 has been 10.50 on an unopened engine.

The 6262 has been 10.50 on an unopened engine.

You know i keep hearing that but, still waiting on a video?..Not doubting what your saying or what you have seen..But when you mean unopened engine You mean 100% down to the cam/headbolts? Or you mean more like heads have never been off but has cam + springs basically the works when it comes to bolt on's?

Also what gains would i see by switching my exh side on the 6765 from .85 to a .63 garret exh housing..

JW has been over 150mph with the 67 cea in really good air. 90+lbs/min. that's a lot of air.

What were the specs of that turbo?

87chrisss said:
You know i keep hearing that but, still waiting on a video?..Not doubting what your saying or what you have seen..But when you mean unopened engine You mean 100% down to the cam/headbolts? Or you mean more like heads have never been off but has cam + springs basically the works when it comes to bolt on's?

Also what gains would i see by switching my exh side on the 6765 from .85 to a .63 garret exh housing..

GN4u2c 10.50's. He might have and most likely changed valve springs and chain. Otheriwse unopened with stock cam.My guess is 32-33psii boost. If you look around the Internet you will see that a lot of the import racers use these turbos also. You will also notice that this community is running considerably less mass flow out of a given compressor/turbo. If you look closely at the numbers you can figure out the mass flow these new turbos can flow. 650-700whp on a 7500rpm engine is pretty common with a 6262. Looks like about70-72lbs/min to me. A turbo regal at 72lbs/min weighing 3500lbs is running very low 10's. If they are running these numbers then we sure as hell can too. Fwiw i ran a 6265 to 77-78lbs/min on one of my
engines. 697whp@5550rpm. 9 sec power for sure. Yet guys on here insist that running 11.20 with a 6262 is good? The gain with a .63 Garrett is quicker spool but you still would need to run 45psi with a 67cea on an unopened engine to get within 95% if it's potential. The Garrett housjng is great idea up to about 60lbs/min. So well into the 10's. The te60 will be way more fun and is easily updated to a 76p which will let it make another 70-80hp without changing compressors once the engine will flow the mass flow. Heads and a hyd roller with the bigger ex wheel would get you half a second or more at the same boost level if it's dialed in.

NyBlankets said:
JW has been over 150mph with the 67 cea in really good air. 90+lbs/min. that's a lot of air.

What were the specs of that turbo?

67cea with the big cover and 68f1 turbine. No different than any other 67cea h with the hpq turbine you often see running about 1.3 seconds and 17-18mph slower. Turbos dont make power. They can increase wngine performance by supporting mass flow potential if an engine. If they made power everyone with any given turbo would be very close in power at a given wheel speed.

ok so what ill do is just play with the 60 a bit try and get that low 7 second run @ over 95 mph..which is my goal.. then once i figure out a nice grind for my setup ill throw in the ported heads with the e85 setup i have on the shelf on the shelf and update it to a p cover, actually do you have a p cover for the te 60 for sale now so i can get that out of the way ?

I get it Bison. Its all in the combo and the ability to use what you have to its full potential.

I'ld go simple, TE60 with a Pat's 2800 stall converter. Should be good for your mid 11s goal. That would give you plenty to play with b/f doing the big swap. At that time do the turbo and converter.

87chrisss said:
ok so what ill do is just play with the 60 a bit try and get that low 7 second run @ over 95 mph..which is my goal.. then once i figure out a nice grind for my setup ill throw in the ported heads with the e85 setup i have on the shelf on the shelf and update it to a p cover, actually do you have a p cover for the te 60 for sale now so i can get that out of the way ?

That's a perfectly reasonable goal. It will to be run hard in this heat to get it done but
It can be. It's not a p cover. It's a 76p turbine. The ex housing needs to be re-contoured and the wheels re-balanced as an assembly to do it. It will require a converter that's about 400rpm more @ zero boost/vacuum to spool the same if it's a Garrett .63. Doing it now will ve if little advantage since you need to do other things to the engine to increase mass flow through it unless you are looking to run boost over 30psi to get see the advantage.

I NEED HELP I HAVE 1998 buick regal ls and i want to turbo charge it just dont have any idea how to or where to get a turbo kit ect... if any one can help out let me know what all i need and where can i get a innercooler and how to put one on

I NEED HELP I HAVE 1998 buick regal ls and i want to turbo charge it just dont have any idea how to or where to get a turbo kit ect... if any one can help out let me know what all i need and where can i get a innercooler and how to put one on

Welcome to the Buick board.

You need to not reply in this thread. It is intended for tech help to the original poster.

I noticed where you have started a thread in the "hybrids" section. This is probably a beter place to start your own thread.

Back