Need a washable car cover that doesn't ghost the finish.

HighMileage

Albany,NY
Even when not driving this car,it gets dirty.

My GN has to be kept covered,or else it gets dirty. I share a 4-bay garage with two other tenants that drive their cars every day. An older Corolla and an old Saturn. Sometimes a good gust of wind comes when they open their doors. That's all it takes.

I've gotten mine to crazy mirror finish. Everything shows.

I put a cloth/bedsheet cover on. Fit is great. I take it off and the whole finish has a haze where the cover touched the paint.

Ok,so I should put plastic down first.. Got a huge roll of that body-shop plastic that's used in masking a car. Super thin. I just took it off and my paint is hazed again. It *does* say on the box that the surface must be dry before putting the plastic on. "Ghosting will occur." But my car WAS dry. But,there have been drastic temp changes.

I liked how that plastic kind of static-clinged itself to the car. Oh well. I guess I'll use the plastic for painting in the house.

Maybe it's the detergent I use when laundering the bed-sheet style cover,that's causing the haze?

I'm looking for a washable ( commercial washing machine) cover. Any ideas?

Find a bmw 745 car cover. They are awesome. I forgot what brand it is but available at bmw dealers. They are kindof padded and when I take it off it is pretty much as clean as when I covered it.
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1389482586.829773.jpg

It fits perfect with the exception of the side mirrors but it does the job.

How much was that BMW cover? If the cover is as expensive as the 7-series parts,it's gotta be waaaay up there. I used to own a '89 7-Series. Never again. Second worse car next to the '80 Eldorado Barritz I had!

Is that cover machine washable? ...like laundrymat triple-loader friendly?

Waaaaait a minute? .. That BMW cover picture... You are in a room. That room looks kinda like the one that the last GN owner has his in. Is that the last GN built under there? That room is on Black Air. ...maybe.

Ok,now I'm gonna have to look on that movie when I get home.

I think its called Wolf, or Wolf craft? Got it from Summit. Around 200.00, but worth it. Phil.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I think they are around 200 new. I didn't buy it though. It was given to me when a family member sold the 745. They said it was junk too. I see them on eBay though.

I think it's washable but I'll have to check and no not the last GN just an 87 GN I want to keep clean at all times.