You can type here any text you want

Need advice about tire brands

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Roger

:eek: :mad: :mad: :mad: I WASTED money & fenders on Toyo Proxes. On a damp road, I spun completely around twice.:mad: :mad: :mad:

I currently run Nitto NT555R Extreme Drag Radial. These tires hold in the wet about as good as any street radial I've tried. With my basically stock TR they do not break loose on dry road when I mash the throttle from an idle. They DO NOT last very long, I get about 5k miles driving conservately. They also got me a horrible 60' time.

I have heard good about the MT drag radial, however, I have no first hand experience with them.

:confused: I am wanting feedback on the Goodyear as come on the 07 Vettes & the other Goodyear as come on the Z06 Vette????:confused:

555R vs ET Street

Actually 555r's last longer then most DR's you have to do a John Force burnout to get them hot/sticky just cause they are made out of a harder compond. The thread design sure gave one confidence in the rain. I've easily driven 50-60 in the rain, where once we were on Mickey Thompson ET Streets the races got rained out, so we were heading back home and it was like ice skating, flat scary if you got into the throttle you were going sideways, so we had to drive 25mph or slower,my buddy had the Vulcan death grip on the steering wheel.

Definetly you will get better 60foot x's with ETstreets and even better with ET Drags. There is a trade off when using the 555R's DR's as a daily driver year round they are good on the street for occassional street fight not the best at the strip,you have to heat em up real good. Now ET Drags with tubes /screws can flat hook up and their baby brother D.O.T. DR the ET Street gets the job done just don't get caught in the rain.

Back