Need Advice

Cobia245

Need advice on my front speakers. A little back ground i just replaced my H.U. with a Kenwood KDC-x595 that has (22 watts RMS CEA-2006/50 peak x 4 channels) a JL 10w3v3-2 and a JX500/1 amp. 2 4x10's in the rear running off the H.U. Here's the question going to build speaker pods in the lower door panels i would like to run these speakers from the KDC-x595 front channels. It would be easier to build the pods for 5 1/4s but if 6 1/2 would make a big deference then i would go that route. Can i run 5 1/4 or the 6 1/2 from the front channels or do i need a amp. I really don't wont to install a second amp right now but i will take all opinions on the subject.

thank in advance.
brad

Need advice on my front speakers. A little back ground i just replaced my H.U. with a Kenwood KDC-x595 that has (22 watts RMS CEA-2006/50 peak x 4 channels) a JL 10w3v3-2 and a JX500/1 amp. 2 4x10's in the rear running off the H.U. Here's the question going to build speaker pods in the lower door panels i would like to run these speakers from the KDC-x595 front channels. It would be easier to build the pods for 5 1/4s but if 6 1/2 would make a big deference then i would go that route. Can i run 5 1/4 or the 6 1/2 from the front channels or do i need a amp. I really don't wont to install a second amp right now but i will take all opinions on the subject.

SO you have 2 amps? What are they pushing? really 4x10 are weak speakers and really if you want to have them around the Head unit is sufficient. 6x9 is the way to go with the adapter kit. The front speakers as well if you do 5.25 you'll be ok with the headunit. Just need a crossover system that comes with the tweeters. 6.5 would work with a smaller amp or invest in a 4way amp (a small power one) and do all four corners with that. I've added amps to crappy speakers before and they last about a month until POP!!

I only bought one new amp to push the new sub. I've got some 6x9's laying around I might put them in. I think i still have an old alpine four chanel laying around to. I didn't want to look for it and hook it up unless it would make a big difference.