You can type here any text you want

Need Alternator bracket for '79 V-6 Turbo

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Yep, need one with the AC as well. However, I am putting a Sanden compressor on it. I need something I can work with. Please send a pix. Your input is greatfully appreciated.
Dan

I still need headers, however, I will probably need custom bent to clear the steering shaft.

Or you could just use offset borjenson joint set up on the steering shaft.

Checked the passenger header I've got here at the house and I still need to do a crack repair on it but it's been ported some as well. I'll see about taking care of this and take a pic for you. I know I've got one drivers side header that I really haven't taken a look at yet and a stock crossover if needed.

Unfortunaely I don't have an aluminum alt bracket that hasn't been powder costed, but I do have a steel one if you want to use it.

I'll take pics for you before I take it off the car and then take some off the car for you Dan. That'll help you set everything up easier.

Alt bracket needed

I just had the front end aligned, all was good. Worried just a bit that I did the measurements correctly. Engine is set and motor mounts were adjusted. Steering linkage is finally set up. Frame is in for paint, then the body goes. Engine pix to follow when I get the Ac/alt mounted.
Dan

Attachments

• 133.jpg
    133.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 95
  • 134.JPG
    134.JPG
    94.8 KB · Views: 95
  • 135.JPG
    135.JPG
    69.8 KB · Views: 94
  • 136.jpg
    136.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 97
I just had the front end aligned, all was good. Worried just a bit that I did the measurements correctly. Engine is set and motor mounts were adjusted. Steering linkage is finally set up. Frame is in for paint, then the body goes. Engine pix to follow when I get the Ac/alt mounted.
Dan

looks good!

Looks good Dan but I'm wondering why you set it up with rear steer? Also remember that you'll need to re-align it after you get the nose on it.

Regarding the rear steer issue, how about, just didn't know there was a difference when I ordered it. Hopefully when the nose goes on, the alignment will be within specs. You have to remove the front fenders to align it.

What did you set it at Dan and how much does the nose weigh? You can compensate if you add the total weight to it so you can check before you install the nose.

Need AC/Alt Bracket

I have an aluminum bracket from a NA engine, are they the same? I do need a steel one though.
Dan

Think this one would work for you Dan?:smile:

Attachments

• DSCN0001.jpg
    DSCN0001.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 58
Back