need carb for new project

usetaboost

SAY CAR RAMROD!!
Picking up an 85,that needs a carb and possibly a few other small items. Carb needs to be known good. May need an air cleaner housing also. Would be interested in 4 barrel setup or even a complete carb turbo setup for the right price.

You you got a 2 barrel feedback carb that works? I'd like to at least get it running first lol! Carb turbo sounds fun!

I've got a 4bbl stock intake and carb. I think off an 83 or 84 4.1L. It has been sitting for a few years so it probably needs a rebuild. LMK if interested. It is $cheap$ plus shipping.

Cheap is good. Free is better lol! Lmk how much. I'd like to find a stock carb just to see if it runs

Since I have a few v6 vets here on the thread, is there any advantage to adding timing to these motors? I've always wondered since they are low compression.

Aj, a draw thru setup might be the wah to go. Its either getting that or a 455 eventually. What year is the setup you have? Is everything there? Is it all good?

There's the blow thru system. And there's the draw thru and its parts. I should have all the pieces for a pieced down system that uses aftermarket good stuff. Way easier in my opinion. But we can do a straight stocker if you can live without bpvr and factory ESC kinda junk. Or buy it all and play the testing game like I did! The faster I get rid of this stuff the better!

Attachments

• 1406909124249.jpg
    1406909124249.jpg
    417.1 KB · Views: 129
  • 1406909341757.jpg
    1406909341757.jpg
    394.5 KB · Views: 133
  • 1406909394124.jpg
    1406909394124.jpg
    272.9 KB · Views: 125
If I remember correcttly the na wiring and computer can be used with the 82/83 turbo setup

Whatever you got for complete draw thru setup lmk what it is and may e we can figure something out. I'm gonna try to dig into this motor a bit and hopefully get a feedback carb to see if it runs s ok

Sorry for the delay. I went camping where the was no cell service and I have to admit it was rather nice. Anyway, how about $30 bucks plus shipping? Complete 4bbl manifold and carb. What is your zip so I can get an idea of what shipping costs would be.

Shipping looks to be about $40. The manifold and carb w/o box is 30 pounds so not exactly light. Let me know if you want it. I can box it up and get it sent probably Friday if not before.

I think I'll just keep the dualjet that I put on. Thanks for the offer though.

Got the car running last night. Motor sounds really good for not being started for 20 years. Got code 24 and 53. Anyone happen to know what these are or have a link to where I can look them up? According to what I found they are vss and high voltage.

Why, do you want it AJ? I will trade you straight up for the blow-through set-up you have :p

Why, do you want it AJ? I will trade you straight up for the blow-through set-up you have :p

lol... no i have 4bbls falling from shelfs these days... im honestly trying to eliminate some of the inventory... just way too much stuff these days. I should be proud... im down to 18 cars now.