You can type here any text you want

Need exhaust valves

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Steve V

Steve V's Automotive 757 560 2782
I need some exhaust valves without the cut in the stem. Cutting the exhaust guide for the clearence issue with a roller cam is making the factory valves useless. I would like something that will live,but does not break the bank.:D

Sealed power replacements are stainless. Factory valves are inconel. Manley sells stainless valves.

I just got the Sealed Power replacements from Rock Auto, V4168. I bought 6 at $7.12 a piece....about half the price of Manley or Ferrea exhaust valves.

I have used those in prior builds before I knew better. They are the wrong material. Probably ok for a street car,but not for anyone planning on leaning on it.

I have used those in prior builds before I knew better. They are the wrong material. Probably ok for a street car,but not for anyone planning on leaning on it.

Hmm, wish I knew about that before I got 'em...I always thought stainless valves were ok in a turbo application. What went wrong when you used them? How about the OEM exhaust valves for a TTA? (if you can find them)

I've read they don't have the oil grooves like the Buicks...but every aftermarket replacement valve is the same part number for the Buicks and TTAs.:confused: I plan to run 26-28 psi.

There's are huge thread on the other buick site(one with a S). There are plenty guys that are running a stainless exhaust valve. I just may land up doing that.

TTA valves are discontinued,but they would be correct.

Steve.
I have done quite a few sets of Buick heads, we never had any success with the cheap SS valves nor the Manley SS valves. We have had good results with the Ferrea SS valves. You can get the Ferrea from Flatlander Racing, there 15.00 each and well worth the money IMO. I have also bought them from Champion Racing Heads.You will gain considerable flow with these valves over the stock exhaust valve. I don't think you would be disapointed with the Ferrea.

Steve.
I have done quite a few sets of Buick heads, we never had any success with the cheap SS valves nor the Manley SS valves. We have had good results with the Ferrea SS valves. You can get the Ferrea from Flatlander Racing, there 15.00 each and well worth the money IMO. I have also bought them from Champion Racing Heads.You will gain considerable flow with these valves over the stock exhaust valve. I don't think you would be disappointed with the Ferrea.

Hmm this makes me a bit nervous .... I had new Manley SS valves put in my heads when I had the engine rebuilt recently .... I'm not looking for a 9s car or anything just a strong reliable street car. My heads been ported and I got he Manley (slightly larger than stock) SS valves along with a full roller cam/rocker setup with Comps beehive springs.

So what can go wrong with the Manley SS valves?

Go over to the S board and search out manley valves and skim the thread.

Back