You can type here any text you want

Need H.O. Chrome Alternator

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

chicagoTTA

Crack Baby
Hey all -

Did a search and found nada.

I need a Chrome (or HIGHLY polished) High Output alternator. I am running a nice, powerful stereo system and need more output from the alternator. Prefer 180Amps +.

Any ideas where I can get one with a quickness??

M

I'm sure someone out there makes the Cs 144 in 150+amp ratings.

None of them do u a lot of good unless your spinning the engine a decent amount over idle.

U can get the parts to upgrade your 144 to the later facotyr rated 140amp rating though.

Could rebuild it and polish it yourself for prolly about $50 or so.

Lot of info on it at thirdgen.org if u search

later
Jeremy

Here's a Q that I'm SURE has been asked (although a searh didn't help). Is our Alt the same as a GN Alternator??

I know I can have mine sent out to get re-wound. Would REALLY rather buy another alternator that's chromed/polished and is high-output...

Thanks in advance.

Yes they are the same as the G.N. SETURBO sells chrome alternators. The quality of the chrome is good on mine. I think they run around $300.

chicagoTTA]Hey all -

Did a search and found nada.

I need a Chrome (or HIGHLY polished) High Output alternator. I am running a nice, powerful stereo system and need more output from the alternator. Prefer 180Amps +.

Any ideas where I can get one with a quickness??

ChicagoTTA,

I set up a deal with a local metal plating business about 3 years ago. It's a cash deal so I can get really good prices for triple plate show quality chrome. The price for the 2 piece shell and 4 bolts is $75, the pulley is an extra $10 and the fan is $35. I,m guessing that shipping would be around $30 round trip. Let me know if your interested.

The powermaster one is great but is like $400. I'd go with Frank's suggestion. I had mine chromed and then got the turbobuicks upgrade kit.
The only issue I had was the parts in the kit were defective and I had to get an alternator place to rebuild it again, but hopefully that was an exception.

Bottom line: $400 for the Powermaster vs. $200 for doing your own. I choose the $200 !

The price for the 2 piece shell and 4 bolts is $75, the pulley is an extra $10 and the fan is $35. I,m guessing that shipping would be around $30 round trip. Let me know if your interested.

chigagoTTA,

Sorry! I was looking at the original price list which is 3 years old so , I misqouted the price. The price for the 2 piece shell and 4 bolts is $100, the 2 other prices are correct at $10 and $35 bringing the total to $145 for all the pieces. Again, I apologize for the mistake.

Back