Need Help Developing a Buick 4.1L Single or Twin Turbo '86 Vette

yup, you've lost it!
the only way to do it right is with a complete 86 or 87 parts car PERIOD! you need to dump that 700 trans, and be a good fabricator to make those twin headers! the 2 new turbo's alone will cost you at least 1800 for two small ones, you'll only have3200 left. Not to mention the 3-4k you just dropped on a parts car that need the engine freshened up, and a new trans:eek: there goes 3.2k more, now you need 2 down pipes, 2 waste gates/unless you stay internal:eek: and a whole lot of other small parts like injectors, etc.....
good luck, hope this helps since nobody else did:D

p.s., does sound very cool though!

just go single big turbo, go with a gtq70 or something along those lines and you will definitley be happy. Your just asking for trouble and a lot of money for a twin setup, especially on a 4.1

Great Idea!

Will definitely be different, but I agree w/GNguy and Turboelky. You would really need the parts car, just for the misc. items like the electronics i.e.computer, harness, relays, intake, headers, etc.. you would understand if you are familiar w/these cars. I think the 4.1 will do alright, but you need the turbo motor for the parts needed to set it up. Are you a TR owner?

Thanks for the sanity check and all the feedback. I don't own a TR / TB right now. I've got my feelers out for a swap with my '85 Omni GLH that comes with a shed full of performance and upgrade parts at http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/no...dge-omni-glh-86-87-t-type-gn.html#post1687659.

I'm hoping to score an even swap for an '86 - '87 TR that needs some TLC - like one with a body that needs repair, but the engine and tranny are in good shape. That way, I could yank out everything I need for the Vette and part out whatever else is sellable on the car.

The 4.1L Regal is local to me and has relatively low miles. I've read some good things about the 4.1L engine, but don't know how much of a challenge it would be to turbo modify and slap into my Vette. Perhaps a full '86 - '87parts car would be the best, as you've all suggested.

So, if anyone out there has a beat up '86 - '87 that they would consider trading for my freaky little GLH "Omnivore" (eats almost everything), then please PM me. Thanks.

the omni...

is a nice DD. Had an 88 n/a until Jan., when might son used it to bag a deer.LOL:D Totalled the little car. Worse part, it's legal to keep the road kill in Tn., but it got up and ran away!!!:eek: :biggrin:

Ouch! The untimely demise of a great little car. Tell your son that he's supposed to use a gun or bow (instead of your Omni) to bag deer with. Bet the deer was grateful that he didn't get hit by a TB... ;)

I don't...

know about the deer, but I sure was greatful, sometimes my son takes the GN!:eek: :eek: :biggrin: