You can type here any text you want

Need help finding best size rear drag wheels/tires for lowered GN

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

KevinB

Like the title says. Car does not have rolled fender lips or notched frame and there are no plans to do so. I tried to fit my 15x8 Welds with 27/60/15 dr's and they stuck out too much. The fender lips would have destroyed the tires. The owner of the car wants centerline telstars. Anyone know what the correct bs would be for these wheels. Would really like to get a 15x8 with 275/60's on the car if possible. Regardless, the car is going to need bigger than a 27" tall tire.

TIA!

you sould be fine a 255/60/15.if you roll the fender lip on a lowered gn you mite be able to run a 275/60.

Thanks! My Welds are a 3.5" bs, the 4" makes since. I'm afraid the 4.5" will bring the wheel too close to the un-notched frame.

Recently bought 4" bs wheels from centerline and running 275\60/15 no rubbing inner or outter, no notched or lips rolled

We set AustinIBEW145's car up with 255/60's and 3.5BS. Car is not lowered but does have badly sagged springs. 8" wide rim. Fit is good!

The best offset is to keep it even... 8" rim = 4" backspace... 7" rim = 3.5" backspace.

I have 15x7's w/3.5bs on my car with a 275 tire and it needed the wheel lips trimmed.

I tried my 15x8's w/4.5bs and the tires rubbed the rear of the frame... I liked the wider rims better, so eventually I will notch the rails to fit them.

Pic below is the 15x7's and trimmed wheel lips. They don't touch or rub at all.

DSC076442.jpg

Back