Need help from DFW area Turbo Buick owner

GRNCH

Grinchy
Greetings!

I had my Turbo rebuilt at a local shop and it is now leaking oil :eek:. The shop insists that it's the motor that's leaking even though the shop that is doing the work for me showed then video of it not leaking with the turbo off. If I give the Turbo to someone else to have it checked out/rebuilt, I will lose the money invested to fix the turbo as the shop probably won't give me my money back if I tamper with it. :mad:

What I need to to borrow or rent a non-leaking turbo from someone in the DFW area. I can put it on and drive it over to the turbo shop and prove that their turbo leaks and get a partial refund. I'll then send it off to get it fixed elsewhere. :(

My turbo is a Garrett T-4 AR-63, triangle mount. I need one that will fit.

Please help!
-GRNCH

I've got a stock turbo that I've had for several years. I never installed it, but If I remember correctly, it has very little play in the shaft. Your welcome to try it if it will work with your set up. I'm in Wichita Falls, but my son is coming up from Plano, for the weekend. He could take it back with him Sunday, and you could pick it up in Plano.

Ross

Sorry I missed your post

Sorry, I was out of town this weekend and missed your post. :( Do you think the stock turbo will fit? If so, is there another time when you will have someone in town? I live in Plano. I will pay for shipping too, if not. :cool:

FYI: The shop that is working on my car is closed on weekends. I will need to keep it for a couple of weekdays.