You can type here any text you want

Need help ID'ing stock chips I believe (Delco)!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

gnx7

I have four chips that I believe are stockers... but not sure. Anyone know or have a link to stock chip ID'ing?

#1 & #2: Delco BBKJ D464

#3: Delco ABYR 4328

#4: Delco ACXA 0942

Thanks ahead of time.

-GNX7

Originally posted by gnx7
I have four chips that I believe are stockers... but not sure. Anyone know or have a link to stock chip ID'ing?

#1 & #2: Delco BBKJ D464

#3: Delco ABYR 4328

#4: Delco ACXA 0942

1-2-4 according to my notes are 86-87 chips, dunno about #3

thanks for the quick response guys.

Paul,

I have an engine in the machine shop getting 3 billet caps, stock GN crank/rods with ARP's and either TRW's or JE's. I'm adding a BHJ balancer and JW flexplate to be legal for 9's as that is my plan. Probably end up doing a ladder bar and narrowed 8.8" Ford solid axle out back over winter 2003 to 9's legally also and get better 60ft times.

It is still sitting at the machine shop untouched (2 weeks later). Hopefully I'll get it back in June as that is their usual time frame :rolleyes: .

How is your little monster doing?

-GNX7

Mark,
It sounds like you are going to be doing some serious racing :eek:
June...Must be like the feeling you had as a kid...Waiting for Christmas morning to play with the toys Santa brought :)

The little monster is in pieces right now. I yanked the drive-train and sent the tranny and Ford 9"(Trac lok) off to be freshened up, short-block is going in for freshening as well (Rings, bearings) and I'm in the process of doing a mild port and polish to the heads. I also designed a cam over the winter (Mild street grind, that kinda has the best of both worlds... Strong bottom end with a good top end) I had it ground and dry film coated, and when I get the block back, I will put it in, put everything back together and begin the testing to see if it performs as it should. If the "Butt dyno" is pleased, it goes to the real dyno for some pulls to see what #'s it is making.
Got a bunch of little stuff to do as well, so the "Toy" probably wont be out till early May.

Paul

Back